A Member of Sameer Group
Job Advertisement: Financial Controller – Tea Division
We seek to recruit a well-qualified and experienced person to fill the position of a Financial Controller for our Tea Division in Nyamira County, Kenya.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, managing and maintaining effective and efficient financial systems, ensuring provision of accurate and timely information for financial reports, budgets, treasury and tax management while ensuring compliance with internal controls and risk management.
1. Responsible for the overall Financial, Accounting and IT functions at Division Level.
2. Financial Policies and Procedures – Establish, implement, continuously review and where necessary improve financial policies as well as internal controls documentation.
3. Asset Management – Ensure all company’s assets are adequately maintained, secured and safeguarded.
4. Budgeting and Financial Forecasts – Co-ordinate annual budgeting process and half yearly budget review for submission and approval.
5. Annual and Monthly Accounts — Coordinate production of accurate and timely monthly management accounts & annual financial accounts and organize management reviews with the team at the Division Level.
6. Regulatory Compliance and risk management — Ensure compliance with statutory laws and financial regulations including tax compliance, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS] as well as International Accounting Standards (lAS) and coordinate the provision of information to both internal and external auditors for annual audits at Division Level.
7. Stores Management. Maintain financial control and records in the stores over procurement and inventory, maintain and control internal procedures and policy implementation in order to ensure that performance is within budgets, monitor and propose corrective measures and any other financial duties as necessary.
1. Bachelors Degree ¡n Accounting, Finance or related field
2. Professional qualification of CPA (K)/ ACCA or equivalent
3. At least 10 to 15 years relevant experience, 5 which should be in a senior management position.
4. Membership of an accounting regulatory body will be an added advantage
5. High levels of integrity, strong management/leadership skills.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of use of ERP accounting system.
Interested candidates should send their applications and CVs addressed to the Head of Human Resource & Administration via email: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us on or before Thursday, 17th October 2019,
Only those short listed for interviews will be contacted