Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO) … Building Urban Promise from Urban Poverty
Organization Profile: SHOFCO is a grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives. SHOFCO disrupts survival mode by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and links these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform.
SHOFCO is a rapidly-growing organization that currently impacts over 300,000 people across 9 urban slums in Kenya. Over the next 5-10 years, SHOFCO aims to become a national platform for urban slum transformation across Kenya, demonstrating a scalable and replicable model that can be used around the world.
We seek to fill the positions of:
Head of Monitoring and Evaluation
Job Overview: SHOFCO is seeking a dynamic Monitoring and Evaluation leader with strong quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills, and proven ability to communicate results effectively. Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, the Head of Monitoring & Evaluation will be responsible for providing overall leadership and management of a diverse team that supports monitoring, evaluation, and reporting activities.
The incumbent will work closely with program managers, fundraising and communication departments, and implementing partners to understand and communicate program impact.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Continually update and strengthen SHOFCO’s theory of change and M&E framework to ensure alignment with organizational strategy and impact aspirations.
- Serve as the organizational voice for all M&E-related issues, to the organization, its leadership, and key external stakeholders. Participate in the preparation and facilitation of informational meetings with SHOFCO’s partners and funders.
- Lead and coordinate initiatives to strengthen M&E systems and processes throughout the organization. Identify and address opportunities to upgrade current approaches to data collection, verification, recordkeeping, reporting, and analysis.
- Oversee routine program monitoring activities. Monitor quality of data collection and verification efforts at all levels of the organization, to ensure the quality and precision of data being collected.
- Ensure M&E reports are produced in a timely manner, and in full compliance with SHOFCO performance management needs and funder expectations.
- Conduct third party evaluations as needed.
- Ensure all responsible M&E and programs staff are trained on data collection methodology and in the M&E system, in general. Assist the various program teams in improving capabilities for data collection and analysis.
- Create regular opportunities for skills building and continue to professionalize M&E staff.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience, with 3 years in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
- Master’s degree or Bachelor plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
How to Apply
Please submit an application by email ONLY to email@example.com with the job title as subject line on or before November 6, 2019.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
SHOFCO is an equal opportunity employer and employment is subject to Child Protection standards including appropriate background checks and adherence to our Child Protection Policy.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: SHOFCO does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process. We therefore advise the general public to exercise due diligence when applying for employment.
For more information, please visit www.shofco.org.