Scope of Work
Position: Chief of Party
Activity: USAID Kenya / East Africa Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR) Mission Support Program
Implementer: SoCha LLC
Company background: SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. Since our inception in 2010, we have grown into a fully-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.
Activity background: USAID / Kenya East Africa seeks to advance what self-reliance means for Kenya and the broader region. To support USAID/KEA to align programming toward promoting self-reliance outcomes, SoCha LLC has recently been awarded and will implement a two-year (optional three-year) mission support program to enable USAID to pivot into this journey to self-reliance (J2SR).
To support this journey, the J2SR program will support USAID / KEA to understand context, align programs, collect data, understand complexity, and apply learning to program adaptation.
Thus, the Journey to Self-Reliance program aims to:
- Strengthen monitoring, verification, and reporting systems;
- Improve the utilization of evaluations, assessments, and analyses to fulfill learning objectives and inform decisions;
- Improve internal and external coordination, collaboration, and learning;
- Enhance practices of learning and adapting; and
- Support strategy development and process management.
J2SR is both a support contract and a core learning mechanism for the USAID/KEA mission.
J2SR will support USAID/Kenya and East Africa across all technical areas, operating in Nairobi, Kenya with travel in both Kenya and the East Africa region.
J2SR will partner with local organizations and local firms and will work to build local capacity to drive ambitious development agenda throughout Kenya and East Africa.
The Mission is keen to ensure that activities mitigate inequality and power imbalances, rather than reinforce the status quo.
SoCha seeks a qualified and experienced Chief of Party to lead this activity.
- Make key decisions and solve problems in short time frames while ensuring operational and program integrity.
- Ensure contract is executed in compliance with contract requirements
- Manage contract and project finances (budget and funds)
- Manage commodity procurement, inventory and general logistics
- Ensure high quality of deliverables in fulfilling contract
Management of Planning, Implementation, and Monitoring Activities
- Program management, oversight, and reporting of Contractor progress and quality of performance in meeting the activity undertakings
- Define and guide team in executing the vision for implementation
- Meet contractual targets and set targets when necessary
- Develop and oversee the implementation of activity work plan
- Work with client on a daily basis to understand needs and respond with draft work orders
- Oversee work-product across project teams
Communications and Information Management
- Maintain clear lines of communication with Client, MSP team, SoCha home office, subcontractors and other stakeholders
- Lead and deliver presentations and weekly updates on request by Client or as needed for other parties
- Prepare contract reports and client updates
- Establish and socialize best practices for project plans and reports
- Define personnel needs and associated scopes of work
- Make final selections of personnel (LTTA and STTA)to be proposed to client
- Oversee MSP team
- Motivate staff to perform effectively toward project objectives.
- A Master’s Degree in development studies, statistics, program management or a related field
- At least ten years of progressively increasing responsibility in managing large comprehensive contracts of similar nature, size and complexity
- Be a skilled manager who is actively engaged in all aspects of program management with strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills and exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Preferably, five years of experience in collaborating, learning and adapting, change management, or communication
- Experience living and working in East Africa, Kenya preferable
- Experience overseeing USAID contracts and understanding of USG policies, regulations, and procedures
- Experience overseeing contract deliverables such as work plans, AMELPs, monthly reporting and contract compliance requirements.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit their CV by end of the day, Friday November 8, 2019.
To apply, kindly click on this link: https://socha.today/chief-of-party-position-socha-llc