Scope of Work
Position: Project Driver
Activity: USAID Kenya / East Africa Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR) Mission Support Program
Implementer: SoCha LLC
Place of performance: Nairobi, Kenya with travel within Kenya
Company Background: SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. Since our inception in 2010, we have grown into a fully-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.
Activity Background: USAID / Kenya East Africa seeks to advance what self-reliance means for Kenya and the broader region. To support USAID/KEA to align programming toward promoting self-reliance outcomes, SoCha LLC has recently been awarded and will implement a two-year (optional three-year) mission support program to enable USAID to pivot into this journey to self-reliance (J2SR).
To support this journey, the J2SR program will support USAID/KEA to understand context, align programs, collect data, understand complexity, and apply learning to program adaptation.
Thus, the Journey to Self-Reliance program aims to:
- Strengthen monitoring, verification, and reporting systems;
- Improve the utilization of evaluations, assessments, and analyses to fulfill learning objectives and inform decisions;
- Improve internal and external coordination, collaboration, and learning;
- Enhance practices of learning and adapting; and
- Support strategy development and process management.
J2SR is both a support contract and a core learning mechanism for the USAID/KEA mission.
J2SR will support USAID/Kenya and East Africa across all technical areas, operating in Nairobi, Kenya with travel in both Kenya and the East Africa region.
J2SR will partner with local organizations and local firms and will work to build local capacity to drive ambitious development agenda throughout Kenya and East Africa.
Position Background: The driver will serve as a chauffeur for project staff, consultants and other visitors as assigned by supervisor. S/he will oversee cleanliness of the project vehicle in his/her custody. S/he will also ensure that the project vehicle assigned is well serviced and maintained as required and perform administrative tasks as assigned.
- Vehicle maintenance including regular check-ups, cleanings, and fueling.
- Maintaining an accurate vehicle log
- Managing vehicle and trip scheduling as needed.
- Maintaining accurate records and paperwork on all vehicle-related purchases and maintenance.
- Provide safe transportation to and from locations for project staff.
- Ensure compliance with all SoCha and local driving laws and regulations
- Maintain record of trips including kilometers traveled, fuel consumed and cost, and dates of oil changes, all according to established procedures;
- Produce weekly records of mileage traveled;
- Take care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc;
- Arrange for repairs and regularly scheduled maintenance of the vehicle as per manufacturer’s suggested schedule;
- Ensure that all regulations are followed in case of an accident and that required paperwork is submitted;
- Pick up and deliver shipments and documents as assigned;
- Identify any apparent problems such as insecurity during driving operations and report them to the Finance and Administration Assistant;
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all project / office personnel;
- Perform other related tasks as required.
- Basic knowledge of English Excellent driving record
- Valid local driver’s license
- At least 3 years work experience as a driver.
- USAID or other Donor project experience, a plus.
- Kenyan Nationals preferred
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit their CV and Cover Letter as one Document by the end of the day, Friday November 8th, 2019 to email@example.com