Africa Nazarene University (ANU) is an accredited Private Christian University sponsored by the Church of Nazarene International, which follows the Wesleyan Holiness Tradition.
It integrates faith with learning to produce well rounded individuals who are able to meet challenges of their times.
Applications are invited from qualified professionals to fill the following position:
Job Title: Social Media Officer
Grade: ANU 8
Department: Corporate Affairs
Location / Work Station: Main Campus
- Reports to: Director, Corporate Affairs / Chief of Staff
- Direct reports: None
Job Purpose: Responsible for creating social media content and managing all social media channels so as to sustain an engaging audience / customer experience and satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
- Develop engaging, creative, innovative content for regularly scheduled posts
- Ensure a consistent brand message across all the social media channels
- Research and analyse social media trends, including web visitor data, to improve social media presence and campaigns efficacy
- Manage all social media accounts, and any outsourced copywriters and content creators
- Collect all enquiries and record on the general enquiries tracker. Ensure all enquiries are responded to within the hour
- Coordinate different department’s production of content for webpages and social media channels. Edit, review, proofread and publish the content
I. Financial Responsibility:
- Participate in the development of the department’s annual budget
II. Working Conditions:
- Works predominantly within a comfortable office environment
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
Work experience required
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Organising and time management skills
- Team player
- Detail oriented
How to Apply
Applications giving full details of age, marital status, education and professional qualifications, experience, current post, salary and other financial benefits, copies of certificates, curriculum vitae, transcripts, the names and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be present or previous employer) should be addressed to: –
The Vice Chancellor
Africa Nazarene University
P.O. Box 53067 – 00200
Applications should reach the office not later than 8th November, 2019.
Applications could also be dropped at the Vice Chancellor’s Office at the Ongata Rongai Campus.
Note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Africa Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.