Africa Digital Media Institute
Job Vacancy: Software Developer Coach
Background: Based in Nairobi, Kenya, the Africa Digital Media Group comprises the Institute, Studio and Foundation. The Institute (ADMI) is Eastern Africa’s premier creative arts, media and technology training institution.
The Studio produces compelling African stories and games to engage audiences worldwide. And the Foundation mobilizes capital, talent and other resources to support the engagement of Africa’s digital generation in the fast-growing, global creative economy.
The ADMI AppFactory is an apprenticeship program that offers recent graduates the skills and experience to make them job-ready. The Game Apprenticeship stream, developed in partnership with Microsoft 4Afrika, will give graduates the initial hands-on experience they need to succeed as professional game developers – able to design, develop, implement, and manage successful game and gamified software solutions for a Cloud-First, Mobile-First world.
To support our fast-growing Group, we are undertaking a search for the following position:
Software Developer Coach
We are looking for a Software Developer Coach who is passionate about driving high-priority customer initiatives with a critical mindset to guide, design and coach junior developers. This is a technical coaching and customer-facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer solution development and deployment experience.
The Coach would own the technical engagement with partners, including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or proofs of concepts.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives.
Scope of Work
- Activity and resource planning of deliverables based on client brief. Facilitate product owner input and team interactions; ensure the communication of scope and requirement changes throughout the team.
- Organizing and motivating apprentice project teams
- Controlling time management and deliver projects on time.
- Ensure the satisfaction of project owners.
- Analyzing and managing project risk.
- Monitoring the progress of projects and apprentices.
- Document every aspect of an application or system as a reference for future maintenance and upgrades.
- Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation and or reports as requested
- Instill project management best practices including risk management, cross-team interdependencies, scope definition, delivery objectives, and quality standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on-premise workloads to the cloud.
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions/projects).
- Solid understanding of modern authentication protocols and a background in cybersecurity.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Deep technical experience in enterprise mobile, identity and access control, & security solutions.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts & ensuring follow-through.
- Communication and Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Prior work experience in a consulting/architecture position within a software & services company.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources.
At ADMI, you too can turn your passion into a profession!
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org