Job Vacancy: Strategic Business Unit Manager – Mombasa
Our client is currently hiring for the above mentioned position.
The ideal candidate must be experienced in transport/tyre industry.
The position requires a candidate conversant with Mombasa region.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the key result area of the successful candidate will be managing the entire business area assigned to him.
- This involves attaining and exceeding the sales and collection targets.
- They must also have excellent customer relations.
- Managing a team of sales development managers (SDMs) with individual targets.
- Steering the sales planning process and integrating it with other functions in production, finance and distribution to create an effective product delivery chain.
- Charged with the responsibility of ensuring that systems and strategies are put in place and applied in order to achieve the set target of the entire unit.
- Developing an effective distribution system in order to reduce turnaround and lead time for improved performance of various market segments.
- Maintaining product and brand leadership through an excellent and structured after sales product and service.
- Maintaining and establishing strong business relationships with all stakeholders.
- Looking for growth areas in order to steer the company to the next level with clear focus on the market needs.
- Preparation of the monthly SBU reports.
- Forecasting and planning on our regional customer tyre needs to ensure that we have adequate stocks to meet the same.
- Visiting the customers from time to time to get a personal feedback on our products and services and identify areas that we may need to improve on.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience (1-2 of which must be either as a branch or regional manager or a senior sales person in medium size corporate company, having worked for a transport company is an added advantage )
- Strong management Skills.
- Not more than 40 years of age.
- Computer literate.
- Valid driving licence.
- Technical and basic Tyre Knowledge is an advantage.
Competencies / Skills Required:
- Customer service skills
- Administrative skills
- Debt collection skills.
- Management of staff
- Preparation of management reports.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong Finance background is an added advantage.
- Product marketing.
Duty station: Mombasa
Anticipated start date: Immediately.
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and updated word document CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating clearly on the subject line the position you are applying for and current or Last gross pay salary. (Strategic Business Unit/Mombasa Post-Current/Last Gross pay XXXXXX)
NOTE: Consider unsuccessful if not contacted within 7 days.
Please DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.