Our Client in the Retail Industry seeks to recruit a Branch Manager who will be responsible for the day to day running of the branch and ensuring that the activities of various sections are synchronized towards the growth and profitability of the branch.
Effectively and efficiently handling customer queries and complaints, ensuring profitability through maximizing sales and creating an excellent shopping experience for customers.
1. Inventory Management
A branch manager shall ensure that the customer demands are met efficiently through sufficient product inventory.
If this function is not performed properly, the branch might lose customers because of product unavailability.
Every branch has a specific level of stock inventory that needs to be maintained and reviewed by the manager.
2. Handling Customer Complaints and Queries
The success of the branch depends upon how happy its customers are.
There are many instances when the customer is unhappy about the services provided by the store.
It could be due to an unpleasant staff, or because of bad quality.
The manager is expected to handle all the complaints and queries faced by the customers in a pleasant way.
The ultimate goal should be to gain customer loyalty through effective problem-solving skills.
3. Sales and Revenue Management
The ultimate motive behind keeping the customers happy and increasing customer loyalty is to gain maximum profits through sales and revenue.
Branch manager is expected to keep a tab on the daily sales and revenue generated by the branch, and to keep a systematic account for the same.
4. Ensuring Employee Satisfaction
While customer satisfaction is of supreme importance, branch manager should also ensure that the employees are also satisfied in terms of job expectations.
For this, it is important that the manager not only motivates the employees to meet their obligation, but to also ensure that they are being trained and equipped for bigger roles in the organization.
5. Advertising and Marketing
The market is full of competition, and the retail sector is no different. With each day passing by, the numbers of retail organizations are increasing day by day.
Like the customers have a choice of products to choose from, they also have different choices of retail stores.
Hence, it becomes really difficult for the manager to ensure customer loyalty and steady profitability.
For this purpose, it becomes essential for the manager to work with all the departments and recommend appropriate advertising and marketing policies to attract customers and enhance sales and promotion.
6. Ensuring the security of Company assets and personnel
7. Ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements as well as good corporate governance practices Developing, training, motivating and evaluating staff to achieve the highest levels of performance
8. Driving the organization’s culture change agenda by living & instilling our core values of teamwork, quality, passion for excellence, honesty, and good corporate governance practices
9. Promoting a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages high performance, and rewards productivity
10. Carrying out any other roles as may be assigned by Management from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree or any other relevant qualification
- At least Three (3) years
- Diploma in Business Management
Job Skills & Personal Attributes
- Formulation of Business Strategy
- Project Management
- Analytical skills
- Good understanding of Finance and Business Development operations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Innovative approach to implementation.
- Lead and create consensus and effect change.
- Excellent customer Care
- Good analytical skills
- Leadership & management skills
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Branch Manager – Supermarket on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.