Pan African Paper Mills 2015 Ltd
Exciting Employment Opportunities
Pan African Paper Mills 2015 Limited is a pulp and paper mill company that manufactures paper products of bleached and unbleached grades.
The company, based in Webuye – Kenya, has since been revamped and reopened for business since December 2017.
We are offering recent Bachelor’s Degree graduates majoring in Information Technology an exciting employment opportunity to gain hands-on work experience and develop key employability skills.
- Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues
- Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role.
You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly.
You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Install and configure the software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus.
Interested persons should submit their applications including a Cover Letter and detailed updated C.V. with three current referees, and two recent passport size photos to reach us on or before 18th October 2019.
Applications to be addressed to the;
The Human Resources Manager,
Pan African Paper Mills 2015 Ltd,
P.O. Box 535-50205,
Or email to:
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.