Tata Africa Holdings (Kenya) Ltd is one of the leading distributors of Tata commercial Vehicles amongst other products.
We invite qualified individuals to submit applications for the following vacant position available in our Nairobi division .
Accounts Assistant – must have experience in accounting, accounts payable and knowledge of country’s law ( Kenya)
Reference Number: OC/2019/0003.
Overall Job Purpose: The job holder shall analyze data and prepare accurate and timely reports in accordance with acceptable accounting in line with TATA financial policies and International Financial Reporting Standards
Reports To: Finance Executive.
a. Maintenance of Trade payables :-
- Daily updating and processing of suppliers invoices and payments.
- Scheduling and preparing payments to suppliers and service providers.
- Ensure suppliers’ reconciliations are carried out at least every month and all reconciling items acted upon promptly.
- Ensure accurate accounting recording and maintenance of 6% Vat Withholding tax and timely remittances of the same to KRA.
- Perform vendor analysis and generate (Weekly/monthly) accurate and up to date aging and other account payables reports.
- Open P.O Management.
b. Timely obtaining and making payments for company bills which include- ;
- Safaricom bills –due by 16th of following month.
- Airtel bills – due by 16th of following month.
- Telkom bills payable by 14th of following month.
- Total fuel bills for company fleet due by 15th of following month.
- Electricity bills payable by due date as obtained through E bill.
- Other fuel, oil and operations consumables payables as and when they fall due.
c. Preparing of payments requisition and writing of Company cheques and maintaining a Cheque Register of all signed cheques for dispatch to respective beneficiaries.
d. Filling, archiving and storage of records and documents for vendors and other related company documents.
e. Maintaining and disbursing petty cash float and ensuring IOU’s are timely settled and fully documented and accounted for.
f. Safe keeping for all cheque books (used & unused) and customers cash and cheques.
g. Assist the Finance executive Preparation and filing of payroll deductions and other statutory returns by their due dates:- i.e.
- NSSF payable by the 15th of every month;
- NHIF payable by 9th every month by concession;
- HELB payable by the 15th of every month;
- NITA payable by the 5th of every month by concession;
- Pension contributions & Sacco contributions by 9th of every month.
- Filling, archiving and storage of records and documents for accounts payables.
- Scanning and sharing scanned documents on shared drive with SSC team.
- Facilitating preparation of debit notes and posting thereafter, Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business Administration or any other related field majoring in Accounting/Finance.
- Postgraduate qualifications is an added advantage.
Attributes and Skills:
- Business acumen
- Financial/accounting skills
- Customer care skills
- Availability of accurate data in the system.
- Timely preparation and submission of financial reports.
- Improved compliance
- High level of integrity
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
How to Apply:
Please send an updated and detailed CV including a cover letter to hr. Kenya@tatainternational.com by C.O.B 21st October 2019.