Job Title: Solutions Engineer – Telecommunications
Location: Out of Nairobi
Salary: 85k – 120k
Our client is a fixed Internet service provider specialized in bringing affordable connectivity and related services to remote areas.
They seek to hire a Solutions Engineer who will be responsible for both the technical scoping and design of the core infrastructure network and customer connectivity solutions, including extended WIFI.
- Participate in expansion trips and conduct site visits to potential enterprise customers, analyze technical needs, requirements and state of client’s current infrastructure.
- Support the Infrastructure Manager to identify options for building a technical backbone and/or leveraging existing infrastructure (in areas where the company is not yet present)
- Propose technical solutions to meet the customer’s requirements (including Customer BOQs and installation estimates) and validate with the Technical team.
- Conduct RF modelling and compile BOQs for both core infrastructure and extended WIFI solutions.
- Assist the Sales team in answering requests for quotations / information, bids, proposals, solution descriptions and statements of work.
- Liaise with the Network Engineering team to ensure that the proposed design for both core infrastructure and customer solutions complements the core IP network.
- Handover the solution design (both for core infrastructure and customer solutions) to implementation engineering once customers have been signed.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Telecommunications or in a closely related field.
- Extensive RF modelling capability and solution design experience
- Experience in pre-sales engineering, preferably for telecoms systems and solutions
- Strong understanding of telecoms networks and technologies.
- Proven ability to understand customers’ business needs and translate these into technical requirements and solutions
- Familiarity with cloud or network-based value-added services
- Ability to create architectural diagrams
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, including everyone from local IT support to senior management
- Attention to detail, plus analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to propose creative solutions and think outside the box where required, e.g. where there is no standard solution to providing customers with connectivity
- Positive, service-oriented personality
- Willingness and flexibility to travel for extended periods of time
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Solutions Engineer – Telecommunications) to email@example.com before Thursday 7th November 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process.