Our client is an established tour company in Nairobi with over 10 years in operation.
They seek to hire an experienced Tour Consultant with experience in international selling who will take the lead in designing, costing and customizing both international and local travel itineraries.
The ideal candidate is someone who has solid experience in marketing tour packages / solutions in markets in Europe, North and Latin America, China and the Middle East.
Salary: Ksh 40,000 – 50,000
- Taking lead in international selling, creating active leads and following potential leads to closure.
- Handling effectively all aspects of tour operations – itinerary planning, reservations, tour quotations and customer service
- Design exciting and flexible tour packages, excursions, safaris and other related tour services to meet the needs of different clients
- Manage customer inquiries and aim to exceed their expectations
- Evaluate and recommend tour and travel products and costing that are competitive in the industry
- Prepare proposals and make client presentations
- Explore and identify new business opportunities in a competitive and rapidly changing business environment
- Ensure sales conversion by following up on client quotations
- Research and constantly develop exciting product packages to meet customer demands
- Write and translate itineraries and brief clients before a trip to ensure smooth travel
- Liaise with hotels and airlines for group bookings and travels
- Liaise with tour operators and partners in other destinations
- Manage office affairs
- Degree/Diploma in Tourism Management, Tours and Travel or any other related qualifications
- At least 4 years’ experience as a tour consultant
- International sales and marketing experience is a clear advantage.
- Experience in liaising with international travel agents/partners
- Indians are encouraged to apply
- Deep knowledge of inbound and outbound destinations
- Should have thorough knowledge of the East African tourism products and designing of international itineraries and costing
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, confident and outgoing personality
- Ability to multitask and follow through to get things done.
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent networking and prospecting skills.
Candidates that meet the criteria set above should send their applications together with their current CV to email@example.com so as to reach us no later than 20th November 2019.
Quote “TOUR CONSULTANT” on the email subject line.
Please indicate the location where you would like to work (Nairobi or Mombasa).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.