Job Vacancy: Warehouse Manager
Industry: Manufacturing Industry
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
- Complies with local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
- Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system
- Assist in the preparation of budget for the warehouse section
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport companies
- Plan work rotas, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report etc.)
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by motivating, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Develops warehouse operations system improvements by analysing process work flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout; implementing changes.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Responsible for safety and security of the warehouse by ensuring policy compliance for both staff and guests.
- Secures property by developing protection and access policies and procedures; coordinating patrols with security team.
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided
- Proven 10 years’ minimum work experience of as a warehouse manager
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with MS office applications, warehouse management software and databases is a must
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Experience in working under GWP and GDP environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day 20th October 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted