Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services.
It is one of the hospitals in Kenya accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA.
The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 50 years.
Applications are invited from candidates who meet the requirements for the position of Picture Archiving Computer System (PACS) Administrator in the Radiology Department.
Reporting to the Manager Radiology, the PACS Administrator will provide effective administration of PACS/RIS/VRS at the radiology Department.
- Monitor DICOM object sender ensuring services are running at all times and accessibility;
- Monitor and archive HMS services;
- Ensure that DICOM images get to PACS and are saved at the agreed time;
- Monitor the curator service ensuring that web images are available to view at all times;
- Ensure DICOM retrieve service is ru8nning smoothly at all times;
- Monitor the DICOM print service;
- Ensure that PACS licenses are valid at all times;
- Creation and configuration of user details for new PACS users;
- Ensure new users are trained on PACS appropriately;
- Creation and configuration of new RIS users whilst ensuring users are trained and RIS licenses are valid;
- Setting up new users on VRS and ensuring that users are trained and licenses are in order;
- Management of VRS correction manager;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Applicant should have a KCSE or its equivalent and a Diploma in Information Technology or A+ and N+ IT certification, as well as a minimum of one (1) year experience in a similar role.
A Degree in Information Technology would be an added advantage.
S/he should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The ideal candidate should be a team player and possess leadership skills.
Interested candidates are invited to email their application, curriculum vitae, names of three referees and copies of certificates and testimonials, clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration to hr.recruitment@aku
Please quote the position tile on the email subject.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Applications should be submitted latest by November 10, 2019