Job Title: Assistant Accountant Payables
Industry: Fast Moving Consumer Goods
Gross Salary: 30k – 40k
Location: Nyahururu town, Laikipia County
Our Client is one of the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods. They seek to hire an Assistant Accountant – Payables who will be required to: Provide support to the Finance & Administration Manager by completing payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices as well as maintaining proper books of accounts and maintain top quality service standards.
- Posting & reconciliation; cheque posting and other relevant accounts payable records posting
- Ensure completeness of the general ledger
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Reconciliation of cash books and purchases ledgers
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centres by analysing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing cheques; resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoices, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos; and issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Prepare and report on all taxes and statutory requirements including but not limited to: VAT, W/Holding VAT, PAYE, NSSF, NHIF and other requisite deductions
- Assist in stock taking and where necessary get involved in random stock takes
- Follow up on debts from credit customers
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Compile and submit all financial reports in a timely manner and as required.
- Any other duty as maybe assigned from time to time
- The job holder should be 25 years of age and above
- Finance Degree or CPA (K)
- 2 years accounting experience preferably in an FMCG distributor
- Computer literate/proficient
- Financial/Accounting systems knowledge. ERP usage/knowledge an added advantage
- Conversant with the KRA itax system
- Must have a valid certificate of good conduct.
Skills: Tracking Budget Expenses, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Organization, Analysing Information, Accounting, Vendor Relationships, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, interpersonal, leadership, attention to details and excellent communication skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Assistant Accountant – Laikipia) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 19th November 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.