Crop Science is a division in Bayer East Africa, a subsidiary of Bayer AG, and one of the world’s leading Innovative crop science companies in the areas of crop protection, non-agricultural pest control, vector control, seeds and traits, seeks to recruit qualified and experienced individuals to fill the following position:
Business Unit Manager – Bayer Environmental Science (BES)
Ref No. 2019/HR/ES-001
The Business Unit Manager will be fully accountable for sales and IGM in his /her region.
The key input being the management of the complex relationship in publicly funded vector control projects.
The role entails dealing mainly with Public funded tender business where decision making is complex and hence diplomatic skills will be key.
The territory includes six main East African countries
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Implement sales, short-term marketing plans, and assist in the development of overall medium to long term marketing plans by market sector.
- Develop, manage and maintain business relationships with distributor’s agents and key customers in the focus countries.
- Create a dearly defined network for the region, which can respond to public health tenders for vector control products and separately for pest control products
- Develop products and new sales /business opportunities for both vector and pest control in the East Africa.
- Ensure planning and achievement of sales and gross profit objectives as per agreed KPIs for the allocated countries
- Identify market entry points, essential potential partnerships, and coordinate registration of products throughout the given region
- Local: Job position based in Nairobi, Kenya and relying on Bayer Kenya Infrastructures for Administration reporting to the Head of BES Commercial Operations based In Nairobi
- Regional / Cluster: Cooperation with support functions at BES SEEMEA, Istanbul and BES SSA Cluster in Johannesburg.
Value added to the success of BES
- Develops and manages the distribution network (coverage of sales channels), Development of the vector and Professional Pest Control Business in the region.
- Liaison for Donor Agencies at countries level to secure business on donor funded projects (NGOs, Relief Agencies, etc.) and with Multilateral and Bilateral Agencies to maintain and ensure that BES presence is recognized at all levels when project proposals are discussed and carried out.
- Ensures effective penetration and develops sustainable business in Pest and Vector control.
- Assists in annual budget preparation, provision of monthly reports, identify regular sales variance, and suggest corrective actions plans
- Increase sales and profitability of business in the East Africa (Allocated countries)
- Increase market share in existing and potential markets
Experience / Qualification
- Ability to travel in Eastern Africa, Ability to negotiate complex bureaucratic protocol.
- Fluency in English
- University degree plus formal sales or marketing management qualifications coupled with extensive (minimum of 3 years), marketing and sales experience in the Environmental science, Pest and Vector control Industries In both local and export market.
- Experience working in health sectors in Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs). Multilateral donors, Government organizations will be of added advantages.
- Well organized and a high level of autonomy
- Strong analytical problem solving and negotiation skills
- Basic knowledge of scientific principles and practices related to the Environmental science markets.
- Computer literacy in all relevant in all relevant computer programs
- Effective writing, reading, and presentation skills.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter, a detailed CV with three professional referees contact not later than 20th November 2019 to:
Applications received after the stated date above will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.