Vacant Position: Boiler Operator
Reports to: Plant Maintenance Supervisor
Job Summary: The role holder is responsible for operating the boiler to generate steam that supplies steam/heat/power for production processes.
- To operate the boiler as per the set-out SOPs (standard operating procedure) for smooth operations.
- Ensure that no unauthorized person enters the boiler area.
- To maintain relevant documentation – input required data accurately in a timely manner and properly store it e.g. log books.
- To carry out daily and weekly maintenance plans as per the SOPs.
- To lead the quarterly and annual maintenance activities of the boiler.
- To maintain good housekeeping and cleanliness of the area.
- To immediately report any faults to maintenance supervisor and record in boiler log book.
- To ensure that steam is ready for use at the start of every shift (day/night) or as otherwise instructed by the supervisor.
- To adhere to safety regulations including but not limited to use of PPE, following established work practices and SOPs in order to maintain an accident free workplace.
- To adhere and comply to; all cGMP and GDocP records/data standards, ALCOA principles, and the company code of conduct for data integrity
- To carry out any other relevant duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Principal outputs for this role
- Attain efficiency of boiler operations
- Proper, accurate and timely records and log books done
- No production down time due to boiler operations failure
- Workplace incidents/accidents maintained at 0%
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Sufficient physical strength, ability, dexterity, vision and hearing to perform all duties of this position
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum certificate level qualification in boiler operations2-5 years’ experience as a boiler operator in a manufacturing industry
How to Apply
In case you believe your career objective match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed c.v, stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 5pm on 15th November 2019 email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted