Applications are invited from suitably qualified officers serving in the Public Service for vacant posts in the Business Registration Service.
Senior Information Communication Technology Officer
Advert No. 7/2019
Job Grade BRS 4
One (1) Post
The Senior Information Communication Technology Officer shall report to the Director Corporate Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Information Communication Technology Officer duties and responsibilities will entail:- initiating and developing information communication technology policies, coordinating systems development, implementation and maintenance; carrying out feasibility studies; developing ICT systems; evaluating ICT systems and ensuring adherence to established Information Communication Technology Standards; training staff in Information Communication Technology matters; planning, monitoring and evaluating program/activities within an Information Communication Technology division/unit; liaising with user departments to ensure effective maintenance of Information Communication Technology equipment; and evaluating hardware maintenance feasibility studies and detailed specifications before implementation.
Requirements for Appointment
A person shall qualify for appointment of the Senior Information Communication Technology Officer if that person:
- Is a Citizen of Kenya;
- Has six (6) years relevant work experience;
- Has served in the grade of an Information Communication Technology Officer 1 or in a comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years with proven experience;
- Holds a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines:- Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Information Technology or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Has demonstrated experience in implementing at least two large ICT projects that have an impact at National Level;
- Has demonstrated experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) deployment, databases, networks and data center or cloud solutions; has demonstrated experience in the deployment of large scale web based solutions;
- Demonstrates professional competence;
- Demonstrates computer literacy;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified officers serving in the Public Service.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by downloading and complete the Employment Application Form below:
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
All officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Candidates are advised to apply for one position only where they are most suited.
The Completed application form should either be emailed
or directly delivered to our office – Africa Management Solutions Limited, 3rd Floor, Suite 12A, Vision Plaza, Mombasa Road,
on or before 3rd December, 2019.
Additional Notes for shortlisted candidates:
Shortlisted applicants will be required to present originals of the following documents:
- National identity card or passport;
- Academic and professional certificates and transcripts;
- Any other relevant supporting documents and testimonials; and
- Clearances from the following bodies to demonstrate compliance with chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Any of the Registered Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations.