Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital
Job Summary: The position is responsible for receiving and disbursing cash and accounting for all monies spent (involving cheques, vouchers, cash, electronic, credit and/or debt cards) and providing outstanding and friendly service in the interface and interactions with customers.
- Receive payment by cash, cheque, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate float for change.
- Observe and adhere to cash handling procedures, policies and/ or administrative requirements with respect to infection prevention and control, health and safety measures and emergency procedures.
- Ensure that basic safety measures are in place for the money collected and to be collected
- Prepare, organize and arrange all collected money for banking
- Resolve customer complaints and respond adequately to patient’s and customers’ questions that relate to cash transactions.
- Confirm cases of patients whose treatment costs are covered by the respective agency (partner, insurance company or sponsor) before making commitments.
- Provide adequate information on prices of procedures, goods, services or admission.
- Tabulate and present to patients/customers accurate bills (both inpatient and outpatient) and where raise invoices in a timely manner where applicable.
- Carry out daily reconciliation of transactions recorded and the actual money received; sort, count & wrap the currency collected and appropriately hand it over and report any discrepancies noted to the supervisor immediately.
- Keep accurate financial records and documentation of relevant patient/customer information.
- Compile reports in line with established requirements and procedures.
- Certificate, Diploma in a finance related field or at least CPA 1.
Competencies / Abilities / Skills Required
- Basic PC knowledge and familiarity with electronic equipment (e.g scanners, cash register, money counters
- High level of honesty, reliability, flexibility and ability to handle large amounts of cash efficiently and accurately
Relevant Job Experience
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar position
How to Apply
Email your CV to to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th November 2019