Job Description: Cellulant is the leading one-stop digital payments company in Africa operating in 10 markets i.e. Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Mozambique; providing the glue connecting everyone to everything, every day.
To do this we are looking for qualified, passionate, dynamic and vibrant people to drive our strategy and agenda.
Role Summary: We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join a team-oriented staff and share in the responsibility providing Cellulant with Systems Engineering expertise.
The Ideal candidate has experience working in an IT environment dealing with cloud technologies.
Knowledge of Virtualization, Linux, Windows, Network/IP based systems is highly desirable.
The main focus is on deployment and operations of business user solutions.
Excellent verbal, written communication skills is a must.
Ability to articulate concepts and operate in a team-oriented environment.
It is important to be customer oriented.
- Design and Implementation of systems infrastructure to support Cellulant’s product portfolio
- Provide on-going support of the existing cloud infrastructure
- Ensure that infrastructure system elements are available and operational (24×7).
- Being able to respond to alerts and take corrective action to ensure platform uptime is maintained
- Work in coordination with other internal teams to ensure the infrastructure fully and effectively supports current and planned application systems
- Participate in a schedule of on-call rotation (after working hours)
Experience / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an IT related discipline
- Minimum 3 years’ Experience as a System administrator
- Experience in Enterprise Systems and/or Network Administration (UNIX/Linux, FreeBSD, Windows, etc…)
- Experience with Virtualization platforms (KVM, Citrix, VMware or HyperV) is desirable
- Experience with programming/scripting languages
- Working knowledge of public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, Rackspace)
- Experience building high availability infrastructure
- A solid understanding of Internet based technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, Security, HTTP/HTTPS)
- A degree of knowledge of security approaches within cloud and data center infrastructure
- Experience with Databases (MS SQL, Mysql, etc.)
- Interest and motivation to document key points of design and operational practices, working within existing within the team approaches
- Experience with automated systems, scripting, software development disciplines
- Being interested and able to grow in developing architectural designs, scripting, automated IT infrastructure systems. Learning platform area elements, enhanced configuration management systems, for example Chef, Puppet
- Strong interest to learn the latest automation tools
- The perfect candidate has a desire to be part of advanced team
Send your CV in PDF, email subject: Systems Engineer to email@example.com before December 2nd, 2019.
Hiring will be done on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.