Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Accra, Ghana
Reporting Line: The Chief Executive Officer
Profile Introduction: Our client, a leading healthcare, technology and service provider in the African market seeks to on-board an ambitious, self-driven individual with a strategic mindset to oversee the finance function in the business as the Chief Financial Officer.
The individual will be tasked with financial and risk management operations and development of a financial and operational strategy. He/she will be tasked with the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Financial Planning: Generate annual budgets for the various business units in the organization and led the budgeting process in the organization. Lead the financial forecasts for the business based on the business financial performance.
- Strategic Leadership& Orientation: Assist the formulation of the company’s strategic business plans and developing financial and tax strategies. Develop financial performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction. Assist the CEO in monitoring and directing the implementation of strategic business plans and financial and tax strategies;
- Operational Management: Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems and implement operational best practices to meet the company’s revenue collections rate target.
- Financial Reporting: Ensure that all reporting, audit and filing requirement deadlines to internal and external stakeholders are met. Review monthly management information and provide sound financial management reports to members of the management team. Ensure that record keeping meets all the financial requirements of auditors and regulatory agencies and other stakeholders.
- Cost Management: Oversee the monitoring of cash balances and forecasts as well as management of foreign exchange risks. Work with the management team regarding debt and equity financing and fundraising.
- Compliance & Risk Management: Lead the preparation and implementation of financial policies and procedures, oversee the negotiation of financial terms of contracts and drive adherence to financial compliance aspects;
- People Management: Ensure the development of the finance staff, ensure timely team appraisal and performance management and training of the team.
- Strategic Leadership;
- Entrepreneurial Skills / Business Acumen;
- Stakeholder Management;
- Financial Acumen;
- Operational Excellence;
- Project Management;
- People Development & Management.
- A Masters in Business Administration – Finance or related from a reputable University;
- A Chartered Accountant (ACCA/CPA (K), CFA);
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in finance, working with a multinational company and at least 5 years at a senior executive financial role;
- Experience and a background in investment banking;
- Proven experience working with different stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience managing or overseeing projects;
- Experience leading mergers and acquisitions is preferred.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge please apply by sending an application to email@example.com with the subject Chief Financial Officer by 5pm Friday 29th November 2019.
Kindly attach your CV in word format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.