Location: Mutomo, Kitui
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods. We’re making an impact – learn more.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB will work at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death. In addition, CMMB will expand its volunteer program to strengthen health care delivery in CHAMPS-supported facilities, and will engage with the pharmaceutical industry to help meet the needs of CHAMPS communities and facilities.
CMMB is committed to learning and evolving in order to successfully achieve impact in its strategy, and will have strong vertical and horizontal team structures in alignment to the global strategy in order to encourage accountability, communication, and effective project management.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. Read more from our President & CEO below.
Department Summary: CMMB’s Finance Department plays a critical role in ensuring that CMMB efficiently and effectively utilizes its resources in achieving its program goals through least cost and value for money.
The Finance department strives to ensure that all expenditures are in compliance with both CMMB policies, donor requirements and National laws. Through a team of dedicated staff, the team upholds utmost integrity, honesty and love in the execution of their roles to achieve CMMB’s vision, mission and core values.
CMMB has been working in Kenya for almost 15 years. CMMB works to ensure that the most vulnerable populations, especially mothers and children, have access to quality services in health care, health promotion and illness prevention.
Overview: Reporting to the CHAMPS Program Coordinator and with technical reporting to the Finance Coordinator, the Finance Assistant will provide day to day support service to the implementation of project interventions and be responsible for reviewing field expenses and liquidations from project staff. Further, s/he will support payable and administrative functions as well as contribute to the preparation of timely donor reports.
- Provide guidance on and implement CMMB’s financial policies and procedures and donor compliance requirements
- Record all financial transactions accurately, completely and in a timely manner in line with the Chart of Accounts through the Abila software (MIP) accounting system
- Ensure sound financial management and compliance activities of assigned grants/projects and office operational activities to include:
✓ Monitoring of project budgets and expenses
✓ Preparation of vouchers, cheques, Mpesa and EFT payments and processing of payments, invoicing/tracking of accounts receivable and cash receipts;
✓ Maintain, record and reconcile petty cash accounts
✓ Liquidation of employee receivables in line with manual records/expense forms from staff
✓ Conducting site visits and training/mentoring project staff.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations, filing of all accounting vouchers and documents
- Ensure all financial assets are adequately recorded, safeguarded and all financial documents are securely filed
- Ensure availability of accurate, complete and timely financial information for decision making purposes by senior management
- Record, count and update the Asset and Inventory register regularly.
- Participate in other program implementation activities and miscellaneous finance duties as required and assigned by the Finance Officer
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (BCOM) or Business Administration majoring in accounting or Finance
- You have a minimum of at least two (2) years of accounting experience in a similar capacity working with an international NGO on donor funded project projects
- You have Professional Accountancy Qualifications (CPA II/ACCA II)
- You possess a high degree of integrity, and a strong commitment to CMMB’s mission
- You demonstrate strong inter-personal skills and the ability to transfer knowledge and visit project sites
- You have hands on application of Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); working knowledge of Abila (Sage) accounting software preferred
- You have demonstrable Knowledge of MPESA Bulk Payment System
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to include conflict resolution, priority management, and managing expectations of multiple clients
- Familiarity with Global Fund financial management and reporting will be an added advantage
- You are comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
- You believe in CMMB, where we’re going, and what we can do together to achieve Healthier Lives Worldwide.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their application together with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position applied for on the subject line by 26th November 2019.
Include telephone and email contacts of 3 references and your daytime telephone/cell phone contact.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
A message from Bruce Wilkinson, our President and CEO
As president of CMMB, I would like to thank you for your interest in joining with us on our journey to bring healthier lives to women, children and their families worldwide. CMMB has embarked on our second century of service to the most marginalized.
Our vision of a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all is at the core of who we are. We are always looking to join hands with experienced professionals who want to add their energy to our work and are so pleased you are considering CMMB as your potential employer.
The Finance Assistant is critical to our mission and vision. I welcome your interest in joining CMMB’s diverse, talented, professional and motivated team and lead our Kenya team achieve our mission.