Vacant Position: Site Acquisition Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Our Client, a Leading coffee chain with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya is urgently looking to recruit an experienced Site Acquisition Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and acquiring suitable retail sites across the region and conducting site inspections and due diligence to ensure that the potential sites meets the company’s specifications and other matters by performing the following duties;
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for new site selection across all markets for new restaurant development and relocations.
- Develop a strategy for entering new markets based on our Client’s growth strategy
- Primary responsibility for site selection negotiations in coordination with legal department for letters of intent, purchase agreements and ground leases
- Create a heat map for target areas in the region, Conduct market analysis of target areas
- Prepares appraisal report by describing physical and economic property characteristics, appraisal procedures used, and information analyzed; disclosing extraordinary assumptions, and hypothetical and limiting conditions; presenting supportive reasoning.
- Identify and short list new sites that align with our Client’s growth strategy and market positioning
- Develop index/score card for ranking locations
- Manage business development pipeline
- Build a strong network of retail property managers, agents and landlords
- Present business cases for new locations to management team inclusive of 1-2 year projections
- Conduct due diligence on prospective location
- Review and underwriting of terms for lease agreements
- Any other duties as assigned
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate or any other related discipline from a recognized institution
- Must at least 3-5 years’ experience in corporate real estate and site acquisition with a property management or property investment firm
- 3 Years’ of experience (in-depth knowledge) in negotiating in site acquisition preferably Retail industry
- Knowledge of Real Estate/Industry best practices
- Knowledge of properties & construction in a fast-paced environment
- Property Appraisal
- Self-starter, good communicator, interpersonally effective
- Ability to be self-motivated with a positive attitude and a solid work ethic
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint
- Able to function effectively in a team based environment
If you’re up to the challenge, kindly send CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 20th November 2019.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.