Position: Branch Manager – Coffee House
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Our Client, a market leader in Hospitality Industry is urgently seeking to hire dynamic and result oriented is urgently looking to recruit versatile and enthusiastic Coffee House – Branch Manager.
The position will responsible for leading all team members in the efficient and profitable operation of The Coffee House.
He/she is responsible for managing the day-to-day Coffee House operations, maintaining high house standards and conditions, and fostering a positive environment, which provides consistent fast, efficient, and friendly service ensuring a Total Quality Experience for both our client’s customers and team members to ensure incremented growth in sales and profitability by performing the following duties;
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- To develop and execute sales and profit plans that are in-line with budgetary goals.
- To ensure and accountable for profitability of the store by growing sales and controlling costs of goods, inventory levels, labor, supplies and expenses.
- Maintain and utilize daily, weekly, quarterly and annual financial reporting tools.
- Ensure proper team member coverage, scheduling according to the needs of business while maintaining target labor costs.
- To oversee all cash and media management functions. Able to perform all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures, coordinating with the Corporate Office as necessary.
- To maintain proper loss prevention standards, reviewing cash handling procedures, deposits and safe procedures.
- To maintain a clean well-merchandised Coffee House, following visual presentation plans and standards.
- To plan, execute and communicate all sales promotions and new product information effectively and efficiently.
- To identify staffing, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training needs of the qualified candidates.
- To promote and practice safe work habits, identifying and resolving potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and any team member or customer incidents. Documents accidents, conducts initial investigation and determination of root cause in the interest of maintaining a safe work environment. Conducts monthly safety meetings ensuring team member compliance in all safety initiatives.
- To pro-actively solving customer problems and satisfying customers in various situations.
- To ensure that all team members are committed to and demonstrate our Guiding Principles and House Rules.
- To ensure that all team members provide customers with efficient, friendly, superior service on a consistent basis.
- To consistently monitor, coach and encourage team members to meet the Company’s service standards.
- To assess and provide adequate staffing to provide efficient and friendly, superior service.
- To maintains high cleanliness standards consistently throughout the store in the areas of store appearance, merchandise and equipment.
- To ensure that all Company drink recipes and procedures are followed, maintaining the highest quality and consistent product standards.
- To ensure that all Company food offerings maintain the highest quality.
- To ensure that all team members are educated on our products and services, by developing an understanding of our various types of coffee, tea products, blends and roasts, as well as knowledge of coffee and tea regions, and the various differences in flavor and blends.
- To taste drink and food products on a per shift basis for quality assurance.
- To provides ongoing training and development to all team members in the areas of operating standards, customer service and product knowledge.
- To demonstrate the ability to lead, effectively communicate, and champion the establishment’s Guiding Principles, House Rules, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- To build morale and team spirit by fostering a work environment where team members input is encouraged and valued.
- To ensure each team member has received proper training to perform as a barista or shift supervisor efficiently.
- To continually develop team members, establishing specific performance objectives, and measuring team member performance regularly.
- To coach and counsel team members for improved performance, documenting developmental plans as necessary.
- To perform any other duties as required by management
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food and Beverage Management or any other related field from a recognized institution
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience managing day-to-day operations of a Coffee House
- Demonstrated ability to manage people for efficiency
- Ability to organize daily operations and motivate staff to provide excellent customer service
- Demonstrated success in working complex issues with senior management
- Ability to be self-motivated with a positive attitude and a solid work ethic
- Good organizational skills and the ability to be proactive and take initiative
If you’re up to the challenge, kindly send CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 2nd December 2019.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.