Directline Assurance Company Limited
We are looking for a motivated and qualified professional to fill the position of Corporate Strategy Manager.
Overall Purpose of the Job: The Corporate Strategy Manager will be responsible for facilitating cross-functional team collaborations as well as to support the executive leadership and stakeholders within the business in developing business strategies, inclusive of long-term goals and objectives, key risk management, and driving new business and project initiatives.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Strategy and Development
- Provide leadership in the development of strategy/business plan processes and drive the execution with senior management
- Work closely with senior management to proactively provide business insights and recommendations
- Research for possible growth opportunities within the market
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of various projects/tenders, including financial analysis and product performance
- Carry out market intelligence to ensure the company is in tandem with industry trends and incorporate best practice in its operations
- Support departmental heads in ensuring a turn-around time in delivery of their respective mandate.
2. Business Manager to PO/CEO Office
- Provide proactive executive support to the PO/CEO in day to day activities and facilitate effective management and leadership of the business
- Oversee the implementation and execution of agreed strategic and operational tasks given to senior managers to ensure implementation as discussed during the Board presentations and EXCO presentations.
- Prepare papers and packs for a range of meetings, operating to the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy
3. Business Planning and Investments
- Manage the Company’s investment portfolio and aim to maximize on possible returns as well as ensure compliance with the IRA Regulations.
- Provide leadership in the development of new business lines or projects with the intention to diversify the company from the insurance business and provide new sources of revenue.
- Provide end to end management of new strategic projects, Data Monetization project
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the business plan
- Review and revise the schedule with senior management and all other involved parties
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the business plan will be evaluated at its completion
- Monitor the progress and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders on the progress.
- Effectively provide end-to-end responsibility for any project/ investment tasks in coordination with all process stakeholders and ensure delivery on time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics from a reputable institution
- Master’s degree in a business related subject
- Professional certifications such as CFA or CPA is not required but a plus
- MUST have at least five (5) years’ relevant experience in a busy organization, three (3) of which must be at senior management level.
- Experience working in an insurance company will be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of contemporary corporate strategy principles and practices
- Business/Department strategy formulation and execution
- Supervisory and leadership skills
Skills and Attributes
- High attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- The ability to create sound financial models
- Client management skills
- Effective communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- High integrity and ethical level; Able to maintain utmost confidentiality of information in their possession
- Self-motivated, confident and outgoing personality
- Interpersonal Effectiveness & Ability to influence.
- Result oriented and Problem-Solving skills
If you qualify for the above advertised role, kindly send us a detailed CV and Application Letter clearly demonstrating your fit as per the roles & responsibilities and the person specifications (academic/professional qualifications, experience, skills & attributes) listed above.
Applications that do not conform to the Application Instructions will not be considered.
Kindly send your application documents to email@example.com to reach us on or before 5.00pm Friday, 22nd November 2019.