Directline Assurance Company Limited
We are looking for a motivated and qualified professional to fill the position of Internal Audit Manager.
Overall Purpose of the Job: The Internal Audit Manager is responsible for ensuring that the company’s risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively and to assist management in identifying risks associated with the company’s activities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Plans financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
- Coordinates work with Risk, Legal & Compliance and other control-related activities and with others within Internal Audit.
- Conducts risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques.
- Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Prepares timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Contributes, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation
- Examining company accounts and financial control systems
- Checking that financial reports and records are accurate and reliable.
- Majorly responsible for ensuring audits are carried out as per laid out annual plan.
- Ensuring all Branch offices are subjected to audits.
- Driving Implementation of various Audit recommendations across the business, in Liaison with Management team.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Master’s degree preferably MBA will be an added advantage
- University degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting or equivalent from an institution recognized by Commission for Higher Education
- CPA (K) or equivalent;
- Member of ICPA(K)
- MUST have at least five (5) years Audit experience in a busy commercial Finance & Accounts Department, three (3) of which must be at senior management level.
- Audit experience in a busy insurance company will be an added advantage.
- Proven working experience as an Internal Auditor or Senior Auditor in an Audit Firm will be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of contemporary financial principles and practices
- Experience in Financial Management Systems
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
Skills and Attributes
- High integrity and ethical level; Able to maintain utmost confidentiality of information in their possession
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, confident and outgoing personality
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgement
If you qualify for the above advertised role, kindly send us a detailed CV and Application Letter clearly demonstrating your fit as per the roles & responsibilities and the person specifications (academic/professional qualifications, experience, skills & attributes) listed above.
Applications that do not conform to the Application Instructions will not be considered.
Kindly send your application documents to email@example.com to reach us on or before 5.00pm Friday, 22nd November 2019.