Kenya Vision 2030
Kenya Vision 2030 Delivery Secretariat
Recruitment for the Position of Director General
Introduction: The Kenya Vision 2030 Delivery Secretariat (VDS) is a semi-autonomous agency established under The Kenya Gazette No.1386 (Vol. CXI – No 15 of 17th February 2009).
Its role is to spearhead the implementation of the Vision as the country’s development blueprint and strategy towards making Kenya a newly-industrializing middle-income country capable of providing a high quality of life for all its citizens by 2030.
The Vision Delivery Board (VDB) is seeking to fill the position of Director General of VDS, who shall be the Chief Executive Officer as well as the Accounting Officer of the Secretariat and Secretary to VDB.
Further information can be obtained from VDS website:www.vision2030.go.ke
Duties and Responsibilities:
The specific functions of the Director General will be as follows: –
- Providing regular reports and quality information to the Vision 2030 Delivery Board Chairman and Board of Directors on all matters of significance as well as recommending significant operational changes and major capital expenditures so that they can properly discharge their duties and responsibilities effectively;
- Providing Leadership and directions in the formulation, development, implementation, management and evolution of medium-Term plans that support the realization and delivery of Vision 2030;
- Developing, promoting and implementing sound legal and regulatory framework to support the Vision 2030 realization and delivery through the establishment of effective policies, strategies, systems, processes, procedures and practices for planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the Medium-Term Plans;
- Coordinating and overseeing the implementation of Medium-Term Plans that support Vision 2030 in close collaboration with appropriate Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies, other stakeholders and sectors;
- Establishing coordination and managing Sector Delivery Secretariats, Sector Delivery Terms and Sector Delivery working Groups;
- Developing strategies for creating high performing organizational culture based on transparency, integrity, accountability, performance measurements and result to ensure the Vision 2030 Delivery Secretariat is run on sound management principles and practices;
- Developing and implementing effective human resource management policies and systems for hiring, performance assessment, training and development, dispute resolution, pay and benefits, employee welfare programmes, equal opportunities as well as terms and conditions of service designed to contract, develop, motivate and retain high caliber staff;
- Developing and implementing effective financial management policies and systems for monitoring and reporting financial performance to ensure proper management and accountability of funds in line with financial and budgetary policies and procedures of government and other stakeholders;
- Developing and implementing effective procurement policy to ensure goods and services are purchased with regard to economic effectiveness and efficiency in full compliance with VDS policy on the procurement and disposal of property;
- Developing and implementing effective communication and Public Relations Strategy and policy to ensure that the Vision 2030 stakeholders have access to information they need to make informed decisions that will support the preparation and implementation of Medium Terms to support Vision 2030 Delivery;
- Overseeing the implementation of resource mobilization, allocation, utilization and competent programme monitoring and evaluating reporting for the Medium Plans and Vision 2030 implementation;
- Providing guidance and advice to the Vision 2030 Delivery Board for formulation of Board policies, Decision making and problem solving;
- Preparing progress reports on implementation of Vision 2030 for the Boards ratifications and submissions to the Minister of States for Planning and National Development and Vision 2030 to be tabled at the Cabinet’s Vision 2030 committee meetings for deliberations and feedback;
- Creating and maintaining strong collaborations, linkages, networks and partnerships with key stakeholders such as Government Agencies, Civil society, private sector, development partners and the public for realization of Vision 2030;
- Providing advisory services to the Government on all matters pertaining to implementation and realization of Vision 2030; and
- Ensuring efficient and effective implementation of Vision 2030 projects and programmes.
A person shall be qualified to be appointed Director General if such person:
- Is a Kenyan citizen;
- Holds at-least a master’s degree or higher academic qualifications in finance, economics, management and business, public administration or equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Has proven achievement in the planning and implementation of large-scale development programs and/or projects in the public or private sector;
- Have demonstrable skills and knowledge in both financial and strategic people management;
- Possess at least ten years (10) relevant professional experience in a similar senior management and leadership position in the public service or private sector;
- Possess knowledge of the organization and functions of Government;
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of national goals, policies and development objectives including the Kenya Vision 2030;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity; and
- Demonstrate competence and qualification in Corporate Governance or Strategic Leadership Development.
The following key attributes will be required for the position of Director General:
- Being a visionary, transformative and results-oriented strategic thinker;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- Be self-driven, a team-player and mentor/coach; and
- Ability to cultivate partnership and collaborations.
Terms of Service
The Director General will serve on contract for a period of three years, renewable once subject to satisfactory performance.
The salary and other benefits attached to this position will be as determined by VDB in consultation with the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
How to Apply
- Shall start with an online application which will be used to shortlist the applicants: https://forms.gle/eBsHRYfvx9ffaVir7
- Should be clearly marked “Application for position of Director General” on the envelope/subject line.
- Should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents must accompany an online application.
- Should be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, 15th November 2019 in any ONE of the following ways:
Manual applications should be delivered to:
The Kenya Vision 2030 Delivery Secretariat
KUSCO Centre, 2nd Floor
Kilimanjaro Avenue, Upper Hill
P.O. Box 52301-00200 Nairobi, Kenya
Online applications should be e-mailed as PDF attachment to email@example.com
Compliance with Chapter Six of the Constitution:
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to submit the following documents to signify compliance with chapter six of the constitution on leadership and integrity;
- Tax compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Letter from relevant professional bodies to confirm that the member is in good professional standing;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation Department; and
- Certificate from a credit Reference Bureau.
Kenya Vision 2030 Delivery Secretariat is an equal opportunity employer.
“Women, minorities, marginalized and persons with disability are encouraged to apply”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Anyone who had applied before need not to apply again