Job Title: Dispatch Supervisor
Job Purpose: Coordinate delivery of items to customers by verifying orders; inventorying stock; arranging transportation.
- Arranges shipments by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating delivery requirements; placing and expediting orders.
- Make deliveries as needed.
- Manage the warehouse and control inventory to meet client needs
- Plan and supervise the shipments from production to the end-user
- Schedule daily and weekly routes for deliveries.
- Track trucks using functional systems ( tracking software)
- Coordinate to ensure proper distribution of products
- Keep records, monitoring drivers’ daily logs for errors or violations and monitoring their working hours
- Keeps customers informed by forwarding notice of item availability, shipment date and method, and current status; answering questions.
- Replaces damaged items, shortages, by determining optimal response of replacement or credit.
- Monitor, report on transportation costs and suggest cost –effective transport methods.
- Ensure documents are properly filed i.e vehicle inspection and insurance covers.
- Report maintenance and repair needs for transportation vehicles and equipment
- Prepare yearly schedules for training departmental staff
- Conduct regular safety audits on vehicles.
- Coordinates major incidents to ensure that proper notifications are made; assists in call handling if necessary
- Organize training sessions for employees (e.g. proper use of vehicles )
- Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules and completed orders.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and transport legislation.
- Stay up-to-date with safety regulations.
- BSc /BA in Supply Chain, Logistics or relevant field
- 7 year work experience in a similar role
- Solid knowledge of supply chain management
- Experience preparing and tracking orders
- Familiarity with logistics and dispatching
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to supervise and train staff
- Problem-solving abilities
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV to email@example.com before end of day 7th Nov 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.