Elex Products Ltd is a medium sized manufacturing company based in Industrial Area Nairobi, Kenya.
The company deals with the manufacturing of fast consumer goods and is seeking to recruit a Business Development Manager to spearhead business growth.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Department: Sales & Marketing Department
Reporting to: Managing Director
Salary: Kshs. 50,000
1. Contribute to the development of sales & marketing strategic plan
2. Attaining the set overall sales targets
3. Propose, pitch and close new business deals to prospective and existing clients
4. Developing and implementing marketing strategies for business development
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to and take a proactive role in strategic direction of the business.
- Provide leadership in business development and revenue growth in the company
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners, discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, financials and evaluating options
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations;
- Develop and execute fruitful marketing strategies for Elex products across the country
- Managing the customer cycle from demonstrations to following up for payments
- Building and managing good customer relationships to ensure long term business engagement
- Applying and following up on Tenders
- Prepare business proposals and presents them to prospective customers
- Examine business risks and potential estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements. Developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Cost management and efficiency ratio in the sales department
- Develop and propose business process improvement systems.
- Supervise, manage and recruit the sales team.
- Ensure individual and sales team sales targets are met – Monthly, Quarterly and Annual targets
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in sales and Marketing or related fields
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role and field
- Proven track record of growing sales in a similar field
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to build strong and long-lasting profitable relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills and disciplined
- Must be aggressive, proactive and have a strong business acumen
- Strong decision making skills, loyalty to brand & Collaborative skills
- Should have strong negotiation, managerial and communications skills.
How to Apply:
Suitable candidates to send their applications to Jobs@elexproducts.com clearly indicating the subject as ‘Business Development Manager’ by 27th November 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Elex Products Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate the applicants on any