Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the Corporate Office
Department: Corporate Department
Employment Status / Type: Full time
Position Reporting to: CEO / COO
Manages Others: Yes
Positions Managed: Driver to the CEO
Job Purpose / Summary: Provides Executive level support to the Corporate office (CEO & COO) Manages and coordinates administrative functions within the Corporate office. Plan and orchestrate work to ensure the Corporate office priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld.
Planning & Communication
- Assists the CEO & COO with daily administrative duties and complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence, itineraries and agenda and compiling documents for meetings.
- Coordinate complex scheduling and extensive calendar management, as well as the management of content and flow of information to Senior Management.
- Follow up on the CEO’s action points with senior managers within the organization and other stakeholders
- Plan and minute weekly management meetings for Wananchi Leadership team.
- Prepare and co-ordinate internal and external meetings and conferences for the CEO & COO
- Manage customer/supplier meetings where the CEO or COO is participating.
- Be the contact person on behalf of the CEO with Board members, investors and others, on matters related to the CEO’s program initiatives.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO & COO’s office and Business Heads across the region while demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO & COO’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Able to work to a demanding schedule and deliver deadlines and report at a senior level. Managing conflicting deadlines and being able to negotiate when deadlines conflict.
- Make travel arrangements for the CEO, COO and other members of the Exec management team.
- Processing Visa requests and make follow-ups.
- Co-ordinate travel arrangements and entertainment for the CEO & COO business visitors.
- Submitting travel expenses to the Finance Department and following up to ensure reimbursements.
- Coordinating travel approvals for all staff through the COO
- Any other duties appropriate to the post.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication, interpersonal and public relations skills and high levels of professionalism.
- Interaction with a range of people including Board of directors, senior management and senior representatives from other industries.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of agendas and minutes, furthermore s/he needs to demonstrate experience in drafting correspondence, presentations, media items and report.
- Highly developed time management skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and to effectively manage multiple projects including the organizational events and functions.
- 3 to 5 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in the telecommunication industry.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and investors.
- Excellence in written and verbal communication skills.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customers /clients service and response
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Required educational background
- A Bachelor’s degree in Administration or relevant field, with a diploma in management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their applications including a detailed CV and day time telephone contact to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 22nd November 2019
The subject lines for respective applications is Corporate Office Executive Assistant.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.