FEWS NET seeks applications from qualified and experienced Kenyan professionals to fill one full-time Regional Field Accountant (RFA) position in Nairobi, Kenya.
The RFA will establish and maintain uniformity and accuracy in field accounting procedures and ensure that all field accounting practices adhere to USAID and Chemonics International Inc. regulations and policies.
The main responsibilities of this role include
1. Provide support and training to local FEWS NET office staff on USAID and Chemonics International policies and procedures
2. Travel to each regional FEWS NET office annually, and/or as needed to conduct field financial/operational reviews
3. Review and report on a monthly basis to the HO-designated FAST Manager expenses and transactions incurred by the regional FEWS NET offices
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
– Fluency in written and spoken English required, local language skills desired
– Masters or another advanced degree in accounting or related field; a bachelor’s degree and 5+ additional years of accounting experience can substitute for educational experience
– Prior knowledge of accounting systems (ABACUSm QuickBooks a plus)
Please refer and view the full job description HERE for the East Africa Regional Field Accountant by clicking on the PDF file link below.
Interested and qualified candidates should fill out the general information form and upload their CV and a cover letter at
by November 8, 2019.
All application materials, including responses to the general information form, CVs, and cover letters, should be provided in English.