The Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK)
Job Vacancy: Internal Audit Manager
The Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) is a statutory body established under Section 3 (1) of the Engineers Act 2011.
The Board has the overall mandate of developing and regulating engineering practice in Kenya.
The development and regulation of engineering practice is considered a key component to the achievement of infrastructure foundation under the Country’s Vision 2030 development blueprint.
The Board is a successor to the Engineers Registration Board (ERB) established by the Engineers Registration Act, Cap 530 (1969).
The Board has the following mandate:
a. Registration of Engineers and Engineering Consulting Firms
b. Regulating engineering professionals services
c. Setting Standards
d. Development of general practice of engineering ; and
e. Training and Capacity Development.
The Board is seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancy:
Job Grade: EBK GRADE 3
Job Ref. No: EBK/HR & ADM/RT/015/VOL.I (94)
Reporting Relationship: The Director of Corporate Services
Basic Monthly Salary (Excluding Allowances and Benefits): KSH 92,569 – 161,569 pm
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable Terms of Service
Purpose: The job holder will be responsible for the prudent management of financial resources by implementing accounting policies, systems and procedures; and report on financial performance of an organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:
- Consolidating and revising budget as per guidelines issued by the National Treasury and the Parent Ministry;
- Checking and approving expenditure and payments and sign bank instructions/cheques;
- Presenting financial reports to the Board and advice on financial implications and consequences of management/business decisions;
- Developing and reviewing financial policies and procedures to enhance internal controls;
- Ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations and procedures in management of financial resources;
- Reviewing and ensuring timely submission of annual report and financial statements;
- Ensuring he Board’s liquidity position is appropriate and liaise with the Parent Ministry and Treasury for release of allocated funds;
- Reviewing of audit queries and implementing corrective actions;
- Developing and implementing effective processes in the finance unit to ensure seamless flow of service delivery. Such processes include but not limited to budgetary process, analysis and reporting
- Developing short term, medium and long term revenue and expenditure framework;
- Ensuring compliance with various requirements of government agencies and statutory institutions as set out in various circulars and legislations;
- Controlling the Board’s Finances to ensure that they are utilized in a lawful and efficient manner
- Planning and determining cash flow needs, forecast and establish cash flow trends of the Board.
- Preparing the annual budget execution reports, quarterly financial statements for programme and operational budgets;
- Preparing Board and management financial reports;
- Liaising with the parent Ministry for GOK’s Grants and development partners’ funding;
- Ensuring the provision of adequate financial resources for the Board’s programme and activities; and
- Staff performance management, development training and, mentorship.
Academic and Professional Qualifications / Affiliations
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Have Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Have Master’s degree ¡n any of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Finance ,Commerce, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized university:
- Be Certified Public Accountant CPA (K) or its equivalent
- Be a Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other recognized professional body and in good standing:
- Have a certificate in Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution:
- Have proficiency in computer application skills:
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results: and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
Minimum Professional Experience
The ideal candidate must have the following minimum professional experience:
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience three (3) of which should have been in a supervisory position in the public or private institution
Key Competencies and Skills
- Have proficiency in computer application skills:
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability as reflected ¡n work performance and results;
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
- Proficiency in IT;
- Strategic thinking;
- Analytical skills;
- Strong communication and reporting skills;
- Strong managerial skills and ability to lead teams;
- Mentoring, coaching and leadership skills;
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Team player; and
- Ethical and integrity.
The Board is an equal-opportunity employer in keeping with its obligations under the Constitution of Kenya 2010 particularly Articles 10, 21(4) and 232, the Board encourages eligible women, persons with disabilities, those from minority and marginalized communities to apply for the above opportunity.
Candidates who canvas for these positions will be disqualified.
The Board does not solicit for money in order to shortlist any candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All shortlisted candidates will be required to provide the following documents;
- Clearance certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Certificate of Good Conduct;
- Clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC); and
- Clearance Certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau.
Eligible applicants to download an Engineers Board of Kenya’s job application forms from the Board’s website HERE.
Duly filled application forms accompanied by cover letter, detailed CV, current and expected gross salary, telephone and email contacts, copies of identification cards, academic and professional certificates to be submitted either via post office or hand delivered to the undersigned on or before 10th December, 2019 at 5pm.
The Registrar / Chief Executive Officer
Engineers Board of Kenya
Fortis Suites, Off Hospital Road, 9th Floor
P.O. Box 30324- 00100