COur client is a not-for-profit wildlife conservancy in Laikipia County.
The Conservancy works to conserve wildlife, provide a sanctuary for great apes and to generate income through wildlife tourism and complementary enterprises for re-investment in conservation and community development.
The conservancy is looking to fill the following vacancy
The successful candidate will be responsible for quality control over financial transactions, timely reporting, while ensuring compliance with all tax regulations.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that proper books of accounts are kept in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards and the Kenyan law.
- Overseeing daily sales, purchases and bank reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly accruals, journals, fixed assets and depreciation schedules.
- Assisting in preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Enforce compliance to regulatory bodies through timely submission of tax returns and statutory returns i.e. KRA, NHIF, NSSF etc.
- Supporting month-end and year-end close process.
- Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Developing reliable cash flow projections and reporting mechanism.
- Responsible for the audit process and communication with auditors.
- Any other duty given by the supervisor as and when required.
The job holder should have the following qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com) Degree or related field / Professional accounting qualification i.e. CPA (K) or ACCA
- Proficiency in Sunsystems will be an added advantage.
- Must have above 3 years’ experience in a busy working environment in a similar position
The Right Person for the Job
- We are looking for a person with Good understanding of IFRS, local tax regulations and statutory financial accounting and reporting
- He/she Must be detailed oriented and possess good communication skills.
- Must have Good knowledge of relevant accounting systems and reporting tools.
What The Client is Offering the Right Person
The client is ready to negotiate the right package for the best person based on agreeable business targets.
How to Apply
Send CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th November 2019 strictly with the job title on the subject line.
However applications will be reviewed as they are received and qualified candidates called for interview as soon as their CV’s are received.
Candidates who do not hear from us by this date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO: Career Options Africa is a Human Resource Consultancy firm with branches in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda