Vacancy Announcement: Credit Officer
Fresh Life Initiative (FLI) is an award-winning social venture that makes hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban slums for everyone, forever.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, training, marketing and business analytics. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Working with our sanitation partners we convert the waste into valuable by-products, such as organic fertilizer and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the by-products to Kenyan farms. Since November 2011, we have launched over 3000 Fresh Life Toilets to a network of 2500 micro-entrepreneurs and we collect and convert over 9000 tons of waste annually.
Job Brief: We are looking for a Credit Officer to facilitate lending for our clients by assessing creditworthiness and processing relevant paperwork. Credit Officer responsibilities include preparing loan applications for non FFS, evaluating clients’ financial information and calculating risk ratios. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of lending procedures, credit management skills and customer service experience. Ultimately, you will help our clients figure out how to manage their debts and put in place a sound payment plan, while ensuring we comply with the law.
- Review loan requests.
- Assess clients’ financial status.
- Contact clients to gather financial data and documentation.
- Contact clients to get overdue payments.
- Analyze risks and approve or reject loan requests especially for non-FFS.
- Calculate financial ratios (e.g. credit scores and advise customers and SAs accordingly)
- Set up payment plans from the onset and communicate to customers.
- Maintain updated records of outstanding balances.
- Follow up with clients about renewals
- Monitor progress of existing loans
- Proven work experience as a Credit Officer, Loan Officer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with lending procedures and products
- Hands-on experience with debt management procedures.
- Ability to create and process financial analysis.
- Strong analytical skills
- Customer service experience
- BSc in Banking and Finance, Economics or Credit related field.
- Necessary documents for shortlisting
- KRA PIN
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Academic Transcripts and Academic Certificates
To apply, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Credit Officer clearly indicating your available start state (include notice period) and your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 28th November, 2019.
Kindly indicate your salary expectations.