Job Title: FMCG Credit Controller
Job Summary: A major FMCG company requires the expertise of an assertive and dedicated Credit Controller with proven experience dealing with large FMCG accounts. The Senior Credit Controller will be establishing credit worthiness and granting credit, collecting on debtors accounts, performing account reconciliations and visiting debtors to resolve all queries and discrepancies.
- Billing of customers.
- Collect all outstanding debt from customers as per set targets.
- To reconcile debtors accounts to ensure accounts up to-date
- Preparation and processing of financial claims
- Preparation and processing of Accounts receivable pricing claims
- Circulate debtor statements to clients as per set timelines.
- Perform regular visits to clients for collection of outstanding payments.
- Manage disputes related to outstanding payments.
- Ensure all customer reconciliation issues are raised and sorted and/or escalated to the line manager
- Prepare demand letters for issuance to clients where appropriate and as per policy.
- Update the customer database with current contact details
- Provide daily updates and weekly reports on debt collection.
- Negotiate re-payment plans
- Maintain contact with clients
- Resolve queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices
- Prepare weekly and monthly collection reports.
- Ensure customer credit limits and terms are maintained.
- Establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels.
- Ensuring credit and collection policies and procedures are followed within your team
- Liaising with customers, as well as internal personnel including the sales team
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce(Accounting option)
- Masters Degree in Accounting, Commerce or equivalent
- CPA K
- Knowledge of SAP (ERP) is a MUST
- FMCG industry experience is an added advantage
- 12 years in experience 5 of which should have been spent in management position
- In depth knowledge of modern Credit Management Systems & Processes.
- Working Knowledge of Sage Pastel
- Proficiency in Ms-Office Applications, Excel and Accounting Software
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good business acumen for problem solving
- Preferably experience in International Trading and Distribution operations
- Financial risk management experience.
- Competency with large ERP systems
- Confidence to deal with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize a demanding workload
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day 30th November 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted