Kenya Safari Lodges & Hotels Ltd
Vacant Re-Advertisement: General Manager
Kenya Safari Lodges & Hotels Ltd (KSLH) was incorporated in 1966 under the Companies Act, Cap 486 Laws of Kenya.
KSLH owns and operates three properties, namely Mombasa Beach Hotel, Mombasa, Voi Safari Lodge, Tsavo East and Ngulia Safari Lodge, Tsavo West.
Tourism Finance Corporation (TFC) is the majority shareholder in this Company.
The Board of Directors seeks to recruit a visionary, qualified, experienced and highly talented professional to fill the position of General Manager of the Company.
Reporting to the KSLH Board, the General Manager, will be the accounting officer and will execute all managerial and administrative authority over the business operations of the entire company.
S/he will provide strategic leadership by coordinating the activities of the various functions of KSLH to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Advise the Board on the formulation of KSLH corporate strategy and implementation of sound marketing/sales plans, budget proposals, human resources practices, financial and operational policies.
- Lead the senior management team in developing strategies, policies and procedures and the organizational capacity to maximize overall revenues and profitability.
- Implement the organizational structure and ensure continuous review so that it is consistent with the market trends.
- Ensure implementation of sound HR policies and practices to maximize the employees’ potential and contributions.
- Ensure effective and efficient coordination of operational systems and controls. Manage and review the allocation of company resources to ensure that the highest quality of service and product standards are delivered and maintained.
- Sign Performance Targets ( PT) with senior management team. Direct and review PT work plans; monitor and evaluate key performance indicators to ensure achievement of desired targets and results.
- Ensure KSLH operations comply with the relevant regulatory and legislative framework. Oversee compliance with all professional, ethical, legal and statutory requirements in the conduct of company business.
- Provide proactive PR and relationship management within the network of local, regional and global business partners and stakeholders
For the full Job Description, refer to the Company Website. www.safari-hotels.com
- A Diploma in Hotel Management from a recognized Institution with a minimum of 10 years broad range of proven relevant experience, 5 years of which must be at senior management level.
- A degree in Hospitality or Business Management related field with minimum relevant post-graduate experience of 7 years in a busy hotel/hospitality group will be an added advantage. At least 5 years must be at senior management level.
- Proven ability to develop business plans with excellent analytical and financial data interpretation skills
- Self-confident professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Wide understanding of the hotel and tourism sector.
- Highly proficient in MS Office and computerized hotel accounting and reservation systems
- A transformative and visionary leader of unquestionable integrity with strong networking, motivation and team building skills.
The successful candidate will be appointed on a 3-year contract renewable subject to performance.
This is an executive hospitality position with a competitive pay and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Shortlisted candidate will be required to submit the following clearance certificates during the interview process:
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority
If you believe that you clearly demonstrate the ability to meet the above criteria, please submit your application along with a detailed CV, attaching copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials, stating current position, experience, names of at least 3 professional referees, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the reference to the following address:
The Board Chairman- (KSLH)
Kenya Safari Lodges & Hotels Limited
P.O. Box 90414 – 80100
So as to reach us by the close of business on Friday November 22, 2019.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
KSLH is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Candidates who had previously applied for the role are allowed to reapply.