Vacancy Announcement: Credit Analyst
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. Its mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking for a qualified Credit Analyst to be based in Nairobi for a United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) funded Agribusiness for Market Stimulation (AIMS) program currently on the last two years, designed to bolster trade by increasing access to finance and expand markets for small and medium agribusiness enterprises in Kenya, Malawi and Tanzania.
The Credit Analyst will support in ensuring compliance, credit risk evaluation and loan monitoring from partner banks under the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC)loan guarantee facility and other banks engaged to increase lending to agribusinesses. Additional duties include supporting bank trainings, including training bank staff, providing one-on-one assistance to bank loan officers, reporting, and site visits to ensure borrower performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Credit Director in meeting program deliverables on time
- Review credit analysis in relation to operating market dynamics and capacity of borrower
- Analyze loan applications’ credit data and financial information including computing financial ratios and reviewing projections for reasonability
- Determine the financial and reputational risks and assess the mitigations for all loan applications under consideration
- Work with credit team to address gaps in loan applications
- Make recommendations on loan eligibility to the Credit Director and/or loan review committee
- Conduct regular visits as directed to monitor and report on borrower loan performance
- Ensure compliance with loan reporting obligations of lenders on individual loans
- Assist technical efforts and field activities to coordinate program reporting and data management
- Track loans under the guarantee fund and support monitoring of program performance
- Train staff and participating bank staff on loan analysis.
- Adhere to Global Communities Kenya office Standards of Professionalism
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all privileged information
- Assist with any other duties as required by Supervisor
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent is preferred
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in credit risk analysis is preferred
- Proven experience working with small and medium enterprises (SMEs), groups, associations, cooperatives, etc in lending or auditing. Experience in agriculture lending is preferred
- Proven experience in credit risk reviews and loan monitoring
- Experience in assessing, analyzing and interpreting financial reports
- Experience in leading trainings, bank training preferred
- Experience in working with a loan guaranty facility preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with professional contacts
- Demonstrate flexibility, cultural sensitivity when working with NGO partners, and the ability to adapt Global Communities policies and procedures to the local context
- Proven organization, record keeping and administration skills
- Ability to work constructively in a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills; able to fit in broader reporting matrix
- Ability to interact clearly and effectively with Program counterparts
- Excellent command of English language including written and spoken English
- Effective use of written and spoken Kiswahili
- Based in the Nairobi office. Travel outside of Nairobi as required to perform duties; E. Africa travel may also be required
- Able to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time
How to Apply
Apply via email to email@example.com
Please quote the position title on the email subject while sending your application, attach your cv and cover letter, to be received not later than 4th December 2019.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer.