Job Title: Agronomist – Greenhouses
Reporting to: Projects Outreach and Field Operations Manager.
Contract period: 2 years
Our client is a farming solutions company providing greenhouse construction and management services.
They seek to recruit a vibrant agronomist to join their young and energetic team and help the company achieve their end goals.
Job Summary: The candidate is mandated to research the agricultural practices, update farm input catalogues, schedule farm visits to farmers and advise accordingly. He/she will prepare, document and submit all the tasks to the management. The contract is 2 years’ with 3 months’ probation period.
- Train farmers on Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) to maximize yield and ensure quality of produce is not compromised.
- Demonstrate and train farmers on the best packaging solutions and techniques for farm produce that reduce the risk of damage during transportation.
- Interpret soil and water test results to farmers and advise accordingly.
- Advise and avail information to farmers of the best farm inputs to use on the farm and on the crops as well.
- Attend workshops and training on behalf of the Company.
- Prepare and submit weekly farmer training reports to the management.
- Carry out any other duties as requested.
- Diploma in Agricultural Extension Education or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution; a Degree in Agricultural Extension Education or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Have at least 2-3years’ experience in agribusiness.
- Proficiency in Basic computer packages and Mobile Applications.
- Demonstrate PR and interpersonal skills, leadership skills, supervisory skills and strategic planning
- Good spoken Swahili and spoken and written English.
- Able to operate effectively and to gain the trust of farmers.
- Welcomes and values diversity and contributes to an inclusive working environment where differences are acknowledged and respected.
- Should have the ability to work under pressure and meet set deadlines.
How to Apply:
If this describes you and are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Agronomist-Greenhouses) to email@example.com before Tuesday 3rd December, 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.