Job Title: Head of Retail
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting Line: The Chief Executive Officer
Profile Introduction: Our client, a leading healthcare, technology and service provider in the African market seeks to on-board an ambitious, self-driven Head of Retail. The individual will be tasked with providing strategic leadership, marketing expertise and insights to drive better business decisions, increase growth & profitability and enhance patient care in local communities.
He/she will be accountable or the performance of the various Pharmacies, the achievement of the unit’s goals and targets and the alignment of the business strategy.
- Strategic direction: Provide retail strategic direction that positions the company as an industry leader, supports the business and brand objectives. Oversee the execution to efficiently scale the go-to-market sales strategies and retention engine across geographies;
- Process standardization: Fundamentally refine and standardize sales processes including forecasting and pipeline management across the organization to improve operational efficiency, sales productivity and customer satisfaction;
- Revenue Growth: Drive revenue growth through efficient management of Business Units Operating Expenses (OPEX) and open up new revenue streams by identify potential areas of expansion;
- Stakeholder management: Collaborate with key leadership (BU Heads and Country Managing Directors) to support the strategies that have been developed and provide insight and reporting;
- Client relations/Customer Focus: Develop and maintain appropriate customer networks on behalf of the company by ensuring the retail team is appropriately trained and equipped to provide top notch customer service.
- Leadership: Provide inspirational leadership and motivation to team members through high quality communication, feedback sharing, and coaching & development programs in a cohesive manner for strong alignment. Ensure goals and objectives are agreed on and cascaded in a timely manner as well as oversee the performance of the retail teams across the various markets.
- Strategic Thinking and Orientation;
- Commercial Acumen;
- Results Oriented;
- Customer Focus;
- Problem Solving Skills;
- Planning & Organization Skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Master’s Degree in Sales, Marketing is an added advantage;
- At least 10 years’ experience across commercial functions in the Retail industry with 5 years’ experience leading and managing large and diverse regional teams;
- Experience in building a retail franchise business is a plus;
- Strong Healthcare work experience preferred;
- Proven Track-record of accurate forecasting, building effective teams, and putting the appropriate processes and infrastructure in place to drive growth within a high-growth company.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge please apply by sending an application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Head of Retail by 5pm Friday 29th November 2019.
Kindly attach your CV in word format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.