Our Client is a private Christian school-operating under a group of schools- offering Kenya National Curriculum, comprising of Secondary, Primary and pre-schools, seeks to recruit a Head Teacher.
Reporting to the Director, the job holder will be expected to lead in the implementation of curriculum, education policies and programs.
She/he will provide strategic leadership and hold overall accountability for direction, standards achieved and quality of education.
The person will be accountable for overseeing the growth and strategic development of the education programmes in the specific school as well as ensure linkages with the other schools in the group.
He/she will leads in the development and implementation of the school’s strategy, work plans, budgets, and supervise the operations of the schools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing, recording and reporting to the top management the progress and attainment of students.
- Management of the curriculum.
- Management of people –both teaching staff and non-teaching staff
- Management of resources.
- Teaching with strong classroom management skills.
- Steward ship of the school.
- Liaising with the local education offices and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining quality assurance and standard systems in the school.
- Promoting and safeguarding the rights of the student.
- Maintaining a high performance culture academically and in co-curricular activities
- Maintain and develop ambitious standards in a rich curriculum, striving for excellence in every aspect of school life
- Develop and mentor the staff and recognise the professional development needs to achieve high performance culture in the school.
- Conducts objective performance appraisals school’s performance policy
- Attends to parents and school guests queries or concerns they might have to the extent of his/her role.
- Ensuring proper discipline is enforced in the school
- Manage and ensure proper delivery of duties by the teaching staff and the support staff while maintaining high academic standards.
- Responsible for curriculum and academic matter and will play a key role in the leadership of teaching and learning across the school
- She/he shall be highly competent, experienced, dynamic and a motivated educational leader who will assist in providing professional leadership, supervisory and administrative support within a teaching team
Requirements and Skills / Qualifications
- TSC number. (Mandatory)
- Degree in education or a related field (Requirement)
- 5 years’ experience in an equal position or related position.
- Age between 35-45 years
- Strong leadership qualities
- Knowledge on first Aid and health and safety in schools
- Computer literacy
- Good command of English and excellent communication &public speaking skills
- Ambitious and talented leader with a passion for teaching and learning
- Being a Christian school the candidate must to be a Christian.
- Proven track record in educational leadership including school administration, classroom instruction, lesson plans, student assessment and staff development.
- Be a self-motivated, energetic person who enjoys working in a busy and dynamic working environment
- Suitable candidate to commence work before January 2020 have him/her familiarize themselves with the institution before then.
How to Apply
Candidates who possess relevant experiences are advised to send their updated CVs; the Email Subject to read (Job Title) to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating, expected salary by Saturday, December 15, 2019