HJF Medical Research International, Inc. (HJFMRI)
Vacancy Announcement: IMPACT Developer
HJF Medical Research International (HJFMRI) provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to global medical research programs through funding agreements from the US
Government and other sponsors around the world.
HJFMRI provides administrative support for research activities related to HIV, Malaria, TB and other infectious diseases.
Job Summary: HJFMRI-KE seeks to hire an IMPACT Developer, for the Department of International HIV Prevention and Treatment (IHPT) within the Military HIV Research Program (MHRP) located in Nairobi, Kenya.
HJFMRI provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to MHRP.
Incumbent is responsible for assisting the Associate Director of Strategic Information in monitoring and evaluating site and program activities under the prevention, care and treatment initiatives supported overseas by the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR), U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP) and will work as part of an agile team to design and implement new features and technologies and deliver high-quality high-performance code in an agile environment.
The incumbent will use, evaluate, and learn exciting new technologies to support teams and ensure they remain on the cutting edge in support of the MHRP mission, and will be responsible for technical direction in developing more effective extensions of the IMPACT database and related systems and facilitating support to cross-functional teams across IHPT.
1. Supports the Associate Director, Strategic Information in defining strategic priorities for SI, standardizing SI analyses across programs and countries, and ensuring the successful completion of the deliverables defined in the annual SI Operational Work Plan.
2. Lead the design, development, and maintenance of complex solutions for DHIS2 with a focus on quality, performance, and resiliency
3. Develop and routinely update all processes, SOPs and documents for DHIS2 software management for the organization. Assist with the generation and analysis of business and functional requirements for proposed solutions.
4. Perform In-Process Review including Code Walkthroughs and create TDD (Technical Design Documents) and full SDLC involving design, implementation, testing, and launching.
5. Participate in requirements analysis, design and test plan creations and test result verification
6. Create design specifications, documentation, and unit testing plans as defined by the Agile development process.
7. Responsible for mentoring junior talent as well as directing technical staff through technical challenges, tasks and projects
8. Any other duties that may be assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Generate solutions or approaches to the most demanding problems within the team by creating workable, prioritized, and highly effective problem-solving plans.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, with exceptional attention to details.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel; Flexibility and capacity to become familiarized with new concepts, software and/or hardware as needed.
- Strong time management skills. Ability to manage multiple complex, detail-oriented tasks at once with limited supervision.
- Experience in effectively engaging multiple international programs across geographic boundaries and differing time zones.
- High comfort level presenting data and information to different audiences.
Minimum Education / Training Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline; or, equivalent demonstrable experience from a recognized institution
- 5 years of experience in developing DHIS2, systems development and working with PEPFAR MER data.
- Successful full life-cycle implementation of a least 2 major projects
- 3 years working with various EMR’s used in PEPFAR programs
- Experience with software development methodology and release processes
- Excellent knowledge of DHIS2 software and application design and architecture
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Excellent knowledge as a technical architect, from planning the structure of a large-scale records database to the redesigning of facility information systems e.g. EMR’s
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages (C#, .NET, Java etc.)
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework
- Possesses full working knowledge of technologies such as UNIX, Oracle, SQL Server and TCP/IP for example, as well as knowledge of one or more programming languages.
Supervisory Responsibilities / Controls: Technical reporting to Associate Director for Strategic Information and in country reporting to Country Director PEPFAR.
Work Environment: This job requires long hours of data review and analysis.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and Curriculum vitae with position title on the subject line including names and contacts of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 4, 2019.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.