The Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK)
Job Vacancy: Internal Audit Manager
The Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) is a statutory body established under Section 3 (1) of the Engineers Act 2011.
The Board has the overall mandate of developing and regulating engineering practice in Kenya.
The development and regulation of engineering practice is considered a key component to the achievement of infrastructure foundation under the Country’s Vision 2030 development blueprint.
The Board is a successor to the Engineers Registration Board (ERB) established by the Engineers Registration Act, Cap 530 (1969).
The Board has the following mandate:
a. Registration of Engineers and Engineering Consulting Firms
b. Regulating engineering professionals services
c. Setting Standards
d. Development of general practice of engineering ; and
e. Training and Capacity Development.
The Board is seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancy:
Internal Audit Manager
Job Grade: EBK GRADE 33
Job Ref. No: EBK/HR & ADM/RT/015/VOL.I (95)
Reporting Relationship: Functionally to the Board Internal Audit Committee and Administratively to the Chief Executive Officer.
Basic Monthly Salary (Excluding Allowances and Benefits): KSH. 98,796 – 169,665 pm
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable Terms of Service.
Purpose: The Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and consulting activity aimed at adding value and improving the operations of the Board. In addition, Internal Audit Manager will be required to assist the Board in accomplishing its strategic objectives by effecting a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities Of the Officer will entail:
- Providing secretariat to the Audit committee
- Formulating and coordinate the implementation of internal audit policies, strategies and plans;
- Compiling and issue internal audit reports;
- Conducting special audits and investigations;
- Setting up and implement systems in accordance with auditing standards;
- Testing the efficacy of the risk assessment systems;
- Monitoring and reporting on the Board overall risk profile:
- Supporting various departments in risk profiling;
- Reviewing correctness and accuracy of accounting reports.
- Providing of independent assurance on risk management process on both design and operation: and
- Assuring on risk control effectiveness, efficiency and adequacy and risk management processes.
Academic and Professional Qualifications / Affiliations
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Have Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (Finance and Accounting option) or relevant field from a recognized university;
- Have Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration (Accounting/Finance Option) or relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Have passed Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (K) or its equivalent qualification;
- Be a registered member of ICPAK in good standing and OR Be a Member of the IIA/ISACA in good standing,
- Have a certificate in a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Be proficient in computer application skill;
- Have demonstrated professional competence and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
Minimum Professional Experience
The ideal candidate must have the following minimum professional experience:
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience three (3) of which should have been in a supervisory position in the public or private institution;
Key Competencies and Skills
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Strong organization and inter personal skill
- Mentoring, coaching and leadership skills
- Ethical and integrity
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi task
The Board is an equal-opportunity employer in keeping with its obligations under the Constitution of Kenya 2010 particularly Articles 10, 27(4) and 232, the Board encourages eligible women, persons with disabilities, those from minority and marginalized communities to apply for the above opportunity.
Candidates who canvas for these positions will be disqualified.
The Board does not solicit for money in order to shortlist or recruit any candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All shortlisted candidates will be required to provide the following documents;
- Clearance certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Certificate of Good Conduct;
- Clearance certificate from the Ethic and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC); and
- Clearance Certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau.
Eligible applicants to download an Engineers Board of Kenya’s job application forms from the Board’s website HERE. Duly filled application forms accompanied by cover letter, detailed CV, current and expected gross salary, telephone and email contacts, copies of identification cards, academic and professional certificates to be submitted either via post office or hand delivered to the undersigned on or before 10th December, 2019 at 5pm
The Registrar/Chief Executive Officer
Engineers Board of Kenya
Fortis Suites. Off Hospital Road, 9 Floor
P.O. Box 30324 – 00100