Job Title: Inventory Accountant
Job Summary: We are looking for an experienced Inventory accountant to join our accounting department.
You’ll be responsible for performing cost analyses and preparing budget reports.
You should possess excellent analytical skills along with the ability to combine different data and calculate profit margins.
Our ideal candidate should also be able to create detailed reports that present cost-effective solutions for our company.
Ultimately, you should build updated databases and manage cost information to maximize profitability for our company.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform counts and ensure all inventory is accounted for and reported according to company policy
- Maintain adequate inventory levels to meet customer demand
- Investigate and correct discrepancies in reported quantities and locations of all inventory
- Assess inventory output on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis to identify trends in productivity
- Manage cycle counts of product inventories on a regular basis
- Monitor delivery schedule and customer orders
- Place and receive orders in a timely and accurate manner
- File claims when defective products are discovered
- Coordinate with Supply chain, Accounting, IT and warehouse departments
- Facilitate removal or transfer of product as needed
- Perform process and system testing and track performance by area to locate and solve problems in data integrity, productivity, and efficiency
- Train other employees in asset inventory management
- Forecast supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock
- Coordinate regular inventory audits
- Prepare stock and sales reports
- Work with the warehouse department in stock management.
- Assists in the preparation of the company’s consolidated financial statements,
- Assists with annual budget process
- Perform additional responsibilities within the department as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent.
- CPA (K) (Registration with ICPAK preferred)
- Proper understanding of GAAP in relation to inventory.
- Minimum 5- 8 years’ experience as an inventory accountant
- Experience working with inventory transactions with an integrated ERP system
- Knowledge with SAP (Added advantage).
- Experience with cost and management accounting in a manufacturing company.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office applications and ERP system experience
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Team player, with a positive attitude, who is pro-active and owns accountability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of organizational skill, accuracy and confidentiality
- High numerical abilities
- Should be familiar with budgeting & controls
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to email@example.com by 20th December 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.