The office of Research and Programs at Kenyatta National Hospital in collaboration with GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development Limited (GSK) is seeking to fill the following positions to be based in Kisumu county Hospital for the study “Chronic Inflation and early risk of Atherosclerosis among HIV- infected persons – KCVHIV study.
Position: Study Coordinator
Reporting to: Principal Investigator
Responsibilities will include:
- Training staff at study site
- Ensure necessary local ethics review board approvals and renewals are obtained for the study and Managing study ethics and human subjects protection
- Coordinate all meetings required for the success of the study
- Ensure that necessary supplies/materials are in stock for study implementation.
- Serve as the liaison between the study team, the study Principal Investigators (PI’s), and collaborators.
- Oversight of study implementation at study sites
- Coordinate and participate in the data analysis and report writing activities
- Preparation of study research reports
- Oversight of community advisory board (CAB) and safety monitoring board (SMB)
- Diploma or Degree in either Nursing, Public Health, or other Health related fields
- Prior experience as a research Study Coordinator, or Assistant Study Coordinator – mandatory
- Certification in Human Subjects Protection and Good Clinical Practice
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, coordinate, and accomplish research activities
- Strong analytic, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain flexible work hours, including occasional nights and weekends, in order to interface with key populations and international partners
Desirable qualities, skills and abilities:
- Attention to detail and good work ethic
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Respectful, punctual, hardworking, conscientious
- Responsive to multiple communication modalities with international team members
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a collaborative team
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their CV and testimonials to email@example.com by 17th November, 2019.