The office of Research and Programs at Kenyatta National Hospital in collaboration with GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development Limited (GSK) is seeking to fill the following positions to be based in Kisumu county Hospital for the study “Chronic Inflation and early risk of Atherosclerosis among HIV- infected persons – KCVHIV study.
Position: Laboratory Assistant
Reporting to: Principal Investigator & Study Coordinator
Responsibilities and Requirement
Responsibilities will include:
- Carry out routine and specialized laboratory procedures.
- Specimen processing.
- Performing isolations cryopreservation and archiving samples.
- Safe and effective delivery of samples to different laboratories.
- Ensure laboratory results are entered accurately and in a timely manner on the report forms and into the database and facilitate retrieval of hard copies of data as requested by principle
- Investigators, Co-investigator and clinic staff.
- Prepare samples for storage and shipping as needed.
- Diploma or Degree in Biological Sciences from a major institution of higher education.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact productively with other team members
- Excellent Communication skills (written and verbal).
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Desirable qualities, skills and abilities:
- Attention to detail and good work ethic
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Respectful, punctual, hardworking, conscientious
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a collaborative team
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their CV and testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th November, 2019.