Title: School Principal
Location: Thindigua, Kiambu County
Salary: Competitive based in experience and qualifications
Our client is an established kindergarten based in Kiambu county. They are looking to recruit a school principal who will be reporting to the Board of Directors.
H/She will serve as the team leader of the school and implement the educational objectives of the institution so as to yield the highest standards of student achievement and academic excellence.
Also provide effective instructional leadership and build constructive relationships with parents and other education stakeholders.
- Maintain an appropriate education philosophy through professional leadership, counselling and motivational expertise which secures the institutions success so as to attain the ultimate education goals and objectives of the organization.
- Formulating overall aims and objectives for the school and policies for their implementation
- Responsible for all areas of curriculum and instruction by shaping a vision of academic success for each learner.
- Assess and identify capacity gaps in teaching and support staff and organize for training and development opportunities.
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of reports, records, lists, and other paperwork appropriate for the effective administration of the school.
- Ensure the school is up-to-date with innovations, from teaching practices to new technologies, as well as develop creative and responsive approaches to teaching and learning
- Assume responsibility for other legal matters in the day-to-day running of the school
- Provide leadership in guiding the various co-curricular activities and school-based events and external activities including school trips, competitions among others.
- Maintain high standards of student & staff behavior/discipline and apply appropriate behavior modification interventions when required.
- Build a strong and cohesive culture supported by effective, consistent systems and structures.
- Grow the leadership engine through coaching and providing the middle management team with greater leadership responsibilities.
- Set targets and goals for school staff through a participative process and develop strategies that will enable them to achieve these objectives.
- Continually evaluate existing progress and practices, and curriculum content to ensure they are met satisfactorily.
- Participate in the recruitment and evaluation of the school’s academic staff in liaison with the HR Department or directors.
- Build effective relationships with parents, education partners and external stakeholders through effective communication to allow for appropriate and timely sharing of information.
- Meeting with other education professionals, and representing the school at conferences and other events outside the school in the local community and nationwide
- Handle authorized emergency and safety procedures
- Oversee other administrative issues in the school
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Masters and/or Bachelor’s Degree in an education related degree
- Minimum of 5 years management experience from a high performing educational institution
- Excellent IT, interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, energetic person
- Registered by TSC
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (School Principal) to email@example.com before 12th December 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last allowance on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.