Job Vacancy: Barista / Barman
We are searching for an engaging, courteous Barista who is passionate about food and beverage preparation and education.
The Barista will greet customers, answer their questions, take orders and accept payments, and prepare and serve food and drinks.
You will also maintain a clean and well-stocked workspace and dining area, update displays, and continuously expand your knowledge of food and beverage quality controls, preparation methods, and presentation.
To succeed as a barista, you should be committed to providing customers with excellent service. You should be positive, friendly, knowledgeable, and polite.
Barista / Barman Responsibilities:
- Welcoming customers, informing them about specials or new items, answering questions, and accepting orders and payments.
- Preparing foods, such as sandwiches or baked goods, and grinding and blending coffee beans, brewing coffee and tea, and serving items to customers.
- Packaging food and beverages for sale.
- Selling coffee and tea blends and brewing equipment, highlighting the differences between items and educating customers about brewing methods.
- Cleaning and restocking work and dining areas, emptying trash, and sanitizing equipment and utensils.
- Learning about brewing methods, beverage blends, food preparation, and presentation techniques to improve food quality.
- Updating signage and displays to attract customers.
- Taking inventory and replenishing items in display cases, at tables, or behind the counter.
- Working in as part of a fun, high-energy team.
- Adhering to all food safety regulations and quality controls.
- Welcoming customers, reading and listening to people to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink orders.
- Planning drink menus and informing customers about new beverages and specials.
- Selecting and mixing ingredients, garnishing glasses, and serving beverages to customers.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Taking inventory and ordering supplies to ensure bar and tables are well-stocked.
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
- Developing new cocktail recipes.
Barista / Barman Requirements:
- High School Certificate or equivalent.
- Experience in food and beverage preparation or customer service a must
- Training and willingness to continue learning about food and beverage preparation.
- Exceptional listening and communication skills.
- Ability to walk, bends, and stand for extended periods.
- Availability to work around peak hours, including nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- A polite, engaging personality.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence.
- Willingness to work as part of a high-energy, efficient team in a fast-paced environment.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Positive, engaging personality and professional appearance.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc for extended periods
- At least two years of experience in similar position
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the applications to email@example.com by 2nd December 2019