Job Title: Content Writer
About Lipa Later: Lipa Later Limited is a financial service provider based in Kenya and Rwanda that offers payment plans for consumers and businesses looking to buy and sell products and services in monthly installments.
About the Role: As a content writer at Lipa Later, you’ll be working with teams across the company (and sometimes across countries) to create valuable content to educate our customers & partners and wow our prospects.
Your work will have you fiddling with taglines on website pages, developing content for social media, writing blog posts, putting together thought leadership posts, building presentations to better explain features and so on.
The role reports to the Marketing Manager.
- Support in developing and executing marketing campaigns.
- Provide updated status reports with statistics concerning current marketing activities.
- Monitoring competitor activity and generating leads for products and services.
- Maintaining websites and looking at data analytics.
- Coordinating internal marketing activities
Advertising and Branding
- Working with the designer to produce materials of visual impact and within brand guidelines.
- Writing and proofreading creative copy for marketing distributions (fliers, posters, banners etc.).
- Involving key stakeholders for product at each stage of the campaign, and reporting results once completed.
- Liaising with printers as required and managing the production of marketing materials such as leaflets, flyers, posters and newsletters
- Writing articles and press releases.
- Research and gather opportunities for sponsorships.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists and influencers.
- Dealing with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organizations.
- Organizing and attending promotional events such as press conferences, open days, exhibitions, tours and visits.
- Stay up to date with PR and industry trends and best practices.
- Development and implementation of content strategy
- Summarize insights and conversations to create actionable reports that lead to optimization
- Create and maintain content calendars, including writing updates and post relevant content
- Generating reports for digital marketing activities using data based analytics tools and also presenting this data in an easy to understand format
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Marketing, Communication or Business Management from a recognized university.
- Two (2) years’ working experience in content writing or copywriting role.
- Marketing and Communication experience and knowledge of current best practices and trends.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Content development and management skills.
- Ability to work in synergy with the designer and provide the relevant guidance.
- Proficient with social media and web analytics.
- Adaptable, creative and innovative.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time-management abilities.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Team oriented and capable of building and maintaining cross departmental relationships.
- Good relationship management, presentation skills and networking ability.
- Personal motivation and drive exhibited through commitment to working smart, continuous improvement and achievement of goals.
If interested, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘’Content Writer’’