Job Title: Lodge Manager
Gross Salary: Kshs. 125,000
Our client is a leading lodge located in Nyahururu.
They seek to hire a qualified Lodge Manager who will be tasked with managing the lodge and maximizing the lodge’s efficiency.
- To be aware of competitors and customer trends ensuring that product/market development strategy increases market share through innovative strategies.
- Implement company sales policies within each revenue department.
- Prepare an annual business plan and be responsible for enhancing targets therein.
- Ensure that effective revenue control procedures are in place and that audits and spot checks are carried out.
- Ensure Lodge Brand standards for all departments are of the highest quality, benchmarked against competition and staff inducted effectively.
- Implement and maintain an effective purchasing system for all purchases.
- Ensure that there is a structured sales plan in place and it is constantly updated and reviewed in light of changing trends and business demands.
- Investigate and resolve any complaints or adverse comments received from guests to the satisfaction of the guest and reply to all complaints.
- Actively participate in the recruitment, selection and placement, induction, training, appraisal, career development and discipline in the lodge while maintaining staff levels within approved budget.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements set by the law for the Hotel Industry in the country.
- Maintain a high visibility profile to in-house customers, commercial, social and governmental communities and participate in community development.
- Set up a safety & security committee within the lodge to regularly review various emergency procedures and to test their effectiveness.
- Implement a planned and preventive maintenance plan that ensures that the property is maintained at the highest possible level within budgeted guidelines.
- Any other duties relating to the Lodge as may be assigned from time to time.
- Degree in Hotel Management or other related fields from a recognized institution. A Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience at senior management in a lodge environment with general all-round exposure.
- A dynamic positive individual with excellent communication skills and a pro-active nature.
- Ability to counsel, coach and develop an effective team.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Lodge Manager – Nyahururu) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 18th November 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.