Mary’s Meals Kenya (MMK) operates a Primary School Feeding and Early Childhood Development programme in Kenya.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following post:
School Feeding Officer – Turkana County
Reporting to the School Feeding Manager for Turkana, Mary’s Meals School Feeding Officers (SFOs) will be responsible for the day to day monitoring and supervision of the school feeding programme and for training volunteers and other stakeholders, conducting community meetings and collection of programme data.
The SFOs will play a key role in ensuring that school-based activities are being carried out effectively and that surrounding communities are participating to acceptable standards.
The SFO will also play a link role between the school and community on the one hand and Mary’s Meals Kenya (MMK) on the other.
This includes interfacing with community-based government curriculum support officers.
The positions will be field based in centres near to the schools where MMK is providing feeding programmes.
The principal duties will include, but will not be confined to, the following:
- Carrying out routine daily monitoring, mentoring and coaching with weekly supervisions to schools.
- Collecting programme data from schools and other relevant sources for programme management and decision making including routine data of enrolment, feeding rate, attendance, stock balances and annual school performance, entering them into the Mary’s Meals database, Big Book data capture template and Stock Tracker System.
- Developing and submitting weekly, monthly and situation reports including case studies.
- Supporting schools to deliver the feeding programme safely and hygienically including access to clean and safe water for cooking.
- Identifying and dealing with school feeding emerging issues, gaps and efficiently/effectively reporting the same to management.
- Supervising the management of stock and maintaining stock records and monitoring school best practices.
- Facilitating the delivery of school feeding programme supplies and equipment to the schools and ensuring the ongoing maintenance and care of assets donated to schools.
- Helping schools in organizing community participation through meetings with Parent Teacher Associations and Schools Board of Management with composed School Feeding Sub-Committee.
- Initiating, implementing and managing capacity building interventions for the volunteers, school feeding committees, head teachers and other committee as appropriate.
- Supporting schools to establish and implement initiative(s) that will support sustainability of the programme.
- Providing training to relevant stakeholders for the effective implementation of the feeding programme.
- Carrying out field assignments and other related assignments as assigned by management from time to time.
- Actively promote child rights and the safety of children and report any cases for concern regarding child protection.
- Linking with other departments to ensure smooth flow of information for effective implementation of the programme.
- Responsibility for the organization and proper handling of data including storage of data and information relating to the school feeding programme.
- Ensuring that organization assets and equipment are taken care of.
- Any other tasks reasonably requested for the implementation, management and development of the school feeding programme.
- Certificate or Diploma in Community development, sociology or a related social science field will be an added advantage.
- Valid motorbike riding licence. A copy of the license must be sent together with the application.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- 2 years’ work experience in community development or related field preferably with an international NGO.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate in Turkana language
- Willingness to be based in various field locations within Turkana County
How to Apply
Applications stating expected salary and CV (including contacts for three professional referees) should be e-mailed to email@example.com indicating the position title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, 15th November 2019 at 16:30 hours.
The interviews will be conducted at Mary’s Meals office in Lodwar on the week starting on the 25th November 2019.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please Note: Mary’s Meals will communicate to the shortlisted candidates via official Mary’s Meals email address only.